Contract SAS Programmer 8/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
* Apply SAS programming and analytical skills using BASE/SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/GRAPH and SAS MACROS
* Design, develop, evaluate, validate and modify computer programs using SAS to analyze clinical data
* Produce and deliver standard datasets, program edit checks, quality tables, figures and listings in a timely and high quality fashion
* Create and validate CDISC standard datasets
* Provide input in the design and development of clinical trial protocols, case report forms and clinical databases
* Work closely with clinical operations, data management and statisticians to generate statistical output - tables/listing/figures
* Liaise with vendors as needed to facilitate electronic data transfers and statistical programming
Internal Relationships: Biostatisticians, Medical Writing, Data Management and other members of the SAS Programming Team.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
* Masters degree with strong analytical skills
* 5+ years in a pharmaceutical/biotech or CRO setting preferably with Phase III trial experience
* Strong knowledge and understanding of GCP/ICH Guidelines for conducting clinical trials
* Thorough knowledge of SDTM and ADaM data sets, MACROS, T/L/Gs and CDISC theory and implementation guidelines
* R programming experience a plus
* Good project management skills, CRO oversight skills, professional attitude, self-improvement mentality with positive attitude
* Good written and oral presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively
* Ability to think creatively and independently, form sound opinions, and make sensible decisions in a dynamic environment
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
* Excellent attention to detail and problem solving skills
For more information about Alkermes or to apply to a position, please visit our website at www.alkermes.com and search our Careers page.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.