This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
EBSCO Information Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview
EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The mission of BBS Contract Writers is to write clear and concise summaries of assigned business books within an 8-week timeframe. Contract Writers will work with EBSCO editors to ensure all style guidelines are followed and required edits are made.
The summaries aim to provide business leaders, managers, and front-line employees with a comprehensive understanding of today s leading business books based on a variety of topics, including leadership, business strategy, marketing, and technology. Summaries range from 2,000 4,000 words. Writers will work with EBSCO s Coordinating Editor of Proprietary & Learning Content.
* Summarizing assigned business books following EBSCO s directions and style guidelines.
* Submitting final draft within an 8-week timeframe.
* Collaborating with EBSCO editors to make necessary edits.
* Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communications, including email.
* Collaboration: Works effectively with team members and cross functional teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
* Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
* Positive Attitude
* Good Judgement
* Open Communication
* Desire to Make an Impact
* Eager to Understand
* Team Player
* 2+ years professional/published writing experience.
* 1+ year experience with Microsoft Word.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.