This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Hitachi Data Systems
Santa Clara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Hitachi Data Systems
Established in 1910 Hitachi is one of the world's largest technology companies with annual revenues of over 100 billion dollars. Listed on the Tokyo stock exchange Hitachi is ranked 38th in the 2012 Fortune Global 500. We employ more than 326,000 employees worldwide.
As a global powerhouse Hitachi manufactures and markets more than 22,000 products, including semiconductors, medical equipment and construction machinery and builds trains (including the Japanese bullet train), nuclear and conventional power stations.
To ensure the technological leadership of our products, the company invests more than 5 billion dollars annually in global research, development and innovation. Hitachi is currently ranked in the top 10 in terms of number of US patents held and employs 760 scientists with PhDs.
Hitachi Data Systems, headquartered in the Silicon Valley in Santa Clara, California, is the Hitachi focal point for sale of its computer equipment and particularly in the supply of computer servers, data storage equipment, cloud infrastructure solutions, data management software and related services to enterprise level companies.
Hitachi Data Systems conducts business through direct and indirect channels in the public and private sector in over 100 countries and regions. With a reputation for technology excellence and reliability, many of the world's largest companies including 82 of the Fortune Global 100 companies rely on Hitachi Data Systems solutions to store, manage and protect their business critical data.
Hitachi Data Systems has been named as one of the worlds most ethical companies for the past three years and has been listed as one of the 100 best companies to work for globally.
Do you want to make an impact in a continually evolving company? Are you passionate about helping customers improve their businesses? Do you want to develop your career? Then consider a career in HDS.
Role Title: HR Project Consultant / Manager
Reporting to: HDS Sr. Director of Global HR Shared Services, with dotted line to the HCC Director of Global Mobility and Strategic Projects
Direct Reports: None
Job location: Santa Clara and Newark
This role will successfully organize, run and deliver the transition of Hitachi Data Systems (HDS) US Immigration support operations to our sister Hitachi Company, Hitachi Consulting Corporation (HCC). This project will be focused on the US Immigration Specialist responsibilities that are currently performed from the HDS Santa Clara Headquarters. This project will entail a phased approach to shifting the external immigration support that is currently provided by an external legal firm to HCC. On this project, you will be working as part of the Global HR Shared Services team, reporting to the HDS Sr. Director of Global HR Shared Services, with dotted line to the HCC Director of Global Mobility and Strategic Projects.
* Manage and deliver assigned project through utilization of project management and best practices to ensure business, time, quality and cost requirements are met.
* Through collaboration with Immigration Specialist and HCC US Director of Immigration, will undertake detail transition planning over the next 2-3 months focusing on the initial transition of all H1 related cases by 1st October 2016 and the remaining services to transition by the end of the first quarter of 2017.
* In collaboration with HDS Client Facing HR (CFHR) and respective stakeholders, the detailed planning will include a review of all current policies and service levels relating to US immigration and associated tax processes.
* Working with input from HDS key stakeholders and HCC US Director of Immigration, develop detailed processes (including approvals and escalations) to support these policies and services assuming that HCC will become the SPOC.
* Will be responsible for developing a change management plan and communication strategy for the business in partnership with HDS CFHR.
* Provide clear communication of the overall scope, timing, funding requirements, and resource analysis. Clearly communicates overall deliverables to all team members and provides clear, frequent and effective communication to key stakeholders in a matrix environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in business or related discipline preferred; specialization degree in Human Resources a must
* 5-8 years experience in business and/or HR business facing desirable
* Project Management education / training and/or certification highly desirable
* 3-5 years experience in project management in a matrix organization and willingness to work in a diverse project environment
* Must have a thorough knowledge of project management and planning, the ability to develop and effectively manage and deliver HR projects for a large, complex organization
* Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage and communicate, build collaboration throughout HR functions in a matrix organization and influence without direct authority
* Must have attention to detail, be solutions oriented, have strong organizational skills and understand change management concepts
* Must have a proven track record of successfully managing and delivering multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment
* Knowledge of project management principles
* Must be highly proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint and able to research, compile and clearly present information and data
* This position is an individual contributor with no budgetary responsibility
* Works on assignments that are semi-routine to complex in nature
* Must be able to recognize deviation from accepted practice
* Normally receives no instruction on routine work, only general instruction on new assignments
* Considerable independent judgment and initiative, and ability to apply or adapt to varying situations is required
* Works within a matrixed reporting structure
* Requires ability to travel, within SF Bay Area as this role will be split between Newark and Santa Clara