This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Walden University is a pioneer in student-centered distance education. An accredited graduate/undergraduate institution with a mission for social change, Walden is dedicated to high academic standards and helping students make a difference in their professions, organizations and communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Paralegal/Contracts Administrator, Field Experience will support Walden University's Centralized Office of Field Experience and Walden University s legal staff in managing the needs of its ever-growing field experience Programs.
The Full-Time Paralegal/Contracts Administrator, Field Experience candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience preferred in contracts and transactional practice areas, preferably in a higher education setting. Knowledge of healthcare contracts is a plus. This position supports the members of the academic programs Field Experience team, with a primary focus on support for School of Nursing.
This position is based in Baltimore, MD.
Specific duties include:
* Assisting with management and tracking of all contracts, amendments and contract issues relating to student field experiences.
* Reviewing field experience contracts, affiliation agreements and associated documents for consistency with University requirements.
* Directly negotiating various contract terms with existing and potential affiliates
* Reviewing and preparing correspondence and communications relating to field experience contracts, affiliation agreements and associated documents.
* Assisting with annual revision of University contracts, forms and documents.
* Assisting in the research of state and federal laws and regulations related to student field experiences.
* Working with University legal staff and field site representatives to incorporate changes or address questions relating to field experience contracts, affiliation agreements or associated documents.
* Understanding University insurance and indemnity requirements.
* Researching existing contracts to address questions or issues.
* Assisting with the continued development of processes and systems related to contract review and management.
* Administrative duties including data tracking and reporting.
* Additional projects, as assignments
Travel - some travel required, about 1x per year
TECHNICAL, MANAGERIAL, and PEOPLE SKILLS REQUIRED
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Incumbents will be evaluated, in part, based on performance of each essential function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* 2 years corporate paralegal experience preferred, in contracts and transactional practice areas, preferably in a higher education setting.
* BA/BS, Paralegal Certificate or relevant work experience preferred.
* Experience as a paralegal is helpful
* Knowledge of healthcare contracts is a plus.
* Self-starter demonstrating thoroughness and attention to detail.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* High sensitivity to the confidential nature of the work.
* Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
* High computer literacy including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Access and Excel is required.
* Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, and PowerPoint is preferred.
* Ability to work well independently with minimal supervision balanced with the ability to work well in a professional team/corporate office environment
Laureate Education, Inc. and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers. EOE.