This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis seeks a Contracts Administrator to function as a key member of the Arcadis North America Procurement team. The Procurement Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategic approach to supplier spend and supplier management, and for negotiation of large and complex contracts, and developing and implementing sound Procurement policies.
The position requires a thorough knowledge and understanding of procurement concepts, principles and practices to be applied in the engineering and construction industry with experience in program management and project types, including environmental engineering and design-build. The position also requires a clear understanding of how the procurement functions integrate with and impact other functions in the project delivery process.
* The development of the appropriate documents necessary to support the procurement process (Requests for Qualifications, Invitations to Bidders, Requests for Proposals, Agreements, etc.) and NOT the management of those agreements once the procurement has been completed.
* Design, manage and execute a strategic RFP process for products and services for the Environmental business line. This includes bid strategy formulation, creating and managing the RFP process, recommendation of vendor selection, and final contract negotiation.
* Ability to manage and execute a strategic RFP process for Indirect spend (IT, HR, etc.). This includes bid strategy formulation, creating and managing the RFP process, recommendation of vendor selection, and final contract negotiation.
* Responsible for negotiating and closing large complex contracts with little oversight.
* Develop and implement Procurement policies, procedures and systems to ensure a uniform method of work approaches that delivers exceptional performance values for Arcadis and its clients.
* Understand and be current on changing market conditions with regard to availability and cost of procurement resources as well as movement and trends in the pricing of materials, equipment and services.
* Effectively communicate with clients, supplier and subcontractor management, internal functional groups with regard to company and procurement issues.
* Communicate and collaborate with the various internal groups to advocate sound procurement practices and to contribute to direction and principles that will improve Arcadis ability to execute projects.
Bachelor degree in Business or Finance MS/MBA preferred or 10 years experience in Contracts Administration
Experience in the development of the appropriate documents necessary to support the procurement process (Requests for Qualifications, Invitations to Bidders, Requests for Proposals, Agreements, etc.)
Strong Procurement and/or Supply Chain experience
Can help out and offer insights into specific terms and conditions of the AIA documents
Good level of proficiency in business computer applications including strong Excel skills (i.e. macros, pivot tables, advanced charting capability, etc.)
Oracle experience strongly preferred
Possesses a strong client focus, as demonstrated by a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work assignments and new learning opportunities
Ability to clearly articulate point of view orally and in writing ability to grasp quickly business objectives and strategies and how service offerings support the attainment of those objective
Work independently and consistently in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet goals and deadlines
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis U.S. requires all employees hired in the United States to successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Ability to speak Mandarin
Arcadis is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.