Contracts Director 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Contracts Director
Position can be located in St. Louis, Mo. or San Diego, Ca.
Manages employees and mid-level managers who administer the contractual commitments for company products, data and services. Primary functional areas for this position include:
* International commercial 30%
* DoD- 70%
* Future (state & local)
* Purchasing/supplier management
* Government property
* Export control (interfaces/knowledge)
Develops and executes integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals, and objectives. Acquires resources for organizational activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements. Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees and mid-level managers.
* Applies expertise in budget management principles and practices to ensure realistic budgets are set and attained for multiple projects across the organization. Monitors corporate contract portfolio and organizational financial metrics to assess corporate risk and support budgetary planning and to determine appropriate corrective action. Determines financial objectives for organization or functional area.
* Develops and implements large-scale, high impact integrated organizational plans to ensure business, technical and customer requirements are achieved. Assigns authority and responsibilities to leadership team to execute the plan. Reviews plans' execution, makes appropriate adjustments, and resolves issues. Evaluates feasibility of plans and makes decisions to continue or discontinue programs, projects or processes as appropriate.
* Coaches, counsels, mentors and provides developmental opportunities and job assignments to enhance performance and expand capabilities of mid-level managers and others within the organization. Provides on-going developmental feedback to organizational leaders. Champions organizational initiatives geared toward recognizing employee achievements, increasing employee satisfaction and retaining a skill and motivated workforce. Rewards leadership team for their efforts to recognize and motivate others.
* Creates a culture of continuous improvement by communicating/deploying enterprise best practices and employee engagement to improve cost, quality, delivery, employee job satisfaction and customer satisfaction. Leads organizational initiatives to evaluate and improve programs, products and processes. Ensures organization-wide implementation of process improvement methodologies (e.g., LEAN, Capability Maturity Models). Works with other senior leaders to streamline processes across organizational and functional boundaries.
* Conveys organizational messages to facilitate the accomplishment of organizational goals. Proactively communicates with leadership team, peers (e.g., fellow senior managers) and customers. Keeps others informed by communicating business vision and strategies, program or project status, conducting and participating in leadership meetings, providing presentations and listening to employee concerns and suggestions. Builds organizational culture that values open and honest communication. Communicates appropriate policies and directives to enhance employee awareness and clarify expectations.
* Determines critical skills within an organization or functional area; develops and implements staffing and development plans to ensure necessary skills are available within the company. Ensures proper job classification of employees, sets employee goals and objectives, manages and evaluates performance to plan on a reoccurring basis. Assigns employee salaries based on employee value and Tapestry guidelines to provide a fair and equitable work environment.
* Establishes partnerships and relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders, peers, and direct reports. Builds strategic partnerships with external agencies and organizations to advance Tapestry s position on key issues.
* Guides the development and implementation of policies, procedures and documents in order to ensure consistent execution of processes within organization in support of Tapestry and regulatory requirements. Enforces company rules and policies regarding ethical behavior, safety, security, use of company property, time charging, etc.
* Forecasts, obtains and manages personnel, facilities, services, equipment and tools to meet project and organizational requirements. Acquires, deploys and schedules personnel to meet organizational objectives. Reviews, approves and implements facility, equipment and service plans to maximize productivity and ensure safety, security, environmental and regulatory compliance. Develops organizational, business and technical strategies, goals, objectives and related metrics to ensure alignment with Company vision/strategy. Measures progress to plan. Holds leadership team accountable for achieving goals.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Supervisory contracts experience for over 10 years at a Director level or above with both large and small company experience required.
* 10+ years of experience with drafting/creating written policies & procedures
* 10+ years of experience in DoD FAR based contracting for services over $5M not just hardware. Expert in Defense requirements FAR, DFAR TINA, FCPA, ITAR
* 10+ years of experience in Non FAR International commercial deals- Middle East experience highly desirable and dealing with foreign government T & C s.
* 10+ years of experience with DoD Subcontracts.
* 10+ years of experience pricing government services contracts.
* This position also requires familiarity and experience in the following areas:
* SW Licensing
* IP legal clauses & ownership
* Complex turnkey FFP international contracts
* Advice -Assistance with custom crafted SOWs (international/commercial)
* Proposing/negotiating large Complex ID/IQ BOA arrangements with DoD-& large labor services contracts to DoD/Primes
* In-depth knowledge of FPRP rates, CAS compliance, pricing techniques-(Blending subcontractors, GLC s definitions (requirements)
* ITAR/FCPA knowledge
Preferred Experience and Certifications:
* CPCM Certified Professional Contracts Manager
* CPM Certified Purchasing Manager
* Export Control Empowered Official
* Legal training- Law Degree or specific legal training in government contracts
* Certificate programs in Government Contracts