Contracts Manager 1745
LMI - McLean, VAThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- LMI LMI
- McLean, VA
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- Mid-Career (2 - 15 years)
- Bachelors Degree
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
This position is responsible for the management and administration of major contract negotiation, proposal preparation, and complicated RFP analysis. This position reviews and resolves all issues affecting company compliance and ensures satisfaction of legal requirements, company and customer objectives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Essential Job Functions)
- Manage and administer complex contracts, including international contracts, commercial contracts, nondisclosure agreements, and data rights.
- Supervise general administration of FFP, LH, T&M, and CPFF contracts and delivery orders, including administration of change orders, modifications, and necessary terminations
- Advise with technical staff and management to provide business and pricing strategies for proposals.
- Analyze complex RFPs and prepare proposals.
- Consult with LMI’s consulting staff to track contract schedule deadlines, progress, and cost status.
- Troubleshoot problems and resolve customer requests.
- Perform special projects at the request of the Senior Director, Contracts. Plan, organize, and implement requested projects; coordinate with necessary staff to verify project time-lines and schedules. Independently seek out relevant information and screen for applicability to assigned projects.
- Maintain knowledge of changes in the procurement laws and industry trends
- Manage the overall professional development, motivation, and performance of all personnel reporting to this position. Assist in department hiring and training and determine ongoing staffing needs to meet functional and operational requirements for the department.
- Review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to requirements.
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of price and delivery for complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services.
- Report functional business results to the Senior Director, Contracts.
- Provide direction for staff meetings.
- Attend department, project, and team meetings.
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Travel may be required, possibly including weekends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- BA/BS in business or a related field, plus ten years of progressively responsible experience administering contracts in the Federal marketplace, or 15 years of relevant experience.
- Strong proficiency with Federal Acquisition Regulation, agency supplements, international terms and conditions, commercial terms and conditions, case law, and other bodies of law and regulation affecting government contracts.
- Extensive knowledge of contract requirements, subcontract requirements, license agreements, warranties, maintenance agreements, and contract risk.
- Proficiency with word processing systems as well as ability to work with presentation, database, and spreadsheet software required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write, edit, and proofread a variety of internal and external business correspondence, contracts, proposals, and management reports.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills. Able to interact with senior personnel involved in policy, technical, operational, and program management assignments in a professional manner and with a professional demeanor essential.
- Capable of attracting, retaining, and managing exempt employees.
- Able to build and maintain professional relationships throughout the organization, as well as with clients and vendors.
- Able to contribute to a professional work environment by demonstrating integrity, promoting teamwork, and fostering positive communication.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must have strong time management skills and be able to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and assignments with little supervision.
- Able to adapt to changing work efforts and manage impact of shifting priorities.
- Able to work effectively in a deadline oriented environment essential.
- Able to maintain familiarity with current LMI policies and procedures.
- Able to maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters.
- Able to obtain security clearance, if required.
- Must be capable of performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.