This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Cobham Motion Control Solutions Hauppauge
JOB DESCRIPTIONCobham is seeking a Contracts Manager that will be responsible for the negotiation and administration of complex contracts and subcontracts for the site. Manage a cradle-to-grave contract administration functional organization, with an understanding of export control. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers. Ensure compliance with Quality Management System (AS-9100C), company policies / procedures, and federal laws / regulations. Position requires an extensive working knowledge of U.S. Government / Department of Defense (DoD) (i.e. FAR/DFARS) and commercial contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations. This position is located in Hauppauge, NY.
* Select, train, develop and review performance of subordinates. Ensure that Contracts Team performs assigned tasks with the appropriate level of competence gained through training, mentoring, coaching, and experience.
* Conduct / coordinate negotiations of complex, high-dollar contracts requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise.
* Prepare and present at review meetings an analysis of completed bid/proposal packages including recommendations for negotiation strategies to provide management with essential facts necessary for final decision and strategy formulation.
* Support independent proposal / contract reviews in support of Lifecycle Management process. Participate as an Assessor in the Phase Review process.
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export control, FAR/DFARS and other Government. regulations; draft and implement functional Contracts Departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance, as applicable.
* Provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity, together with recommendations for management action / decision.
* Execute proposals and contracts, as delegated.
* Establish and manage goals and objectives for the Contracts Team.
* Foster and maintain sound and reliable relationships with counterparts in customer organizations and industry groups.
* Regularly contribute to the development of business strategy, new concepts, techniques, and standards; provide market intelligence and development of market strategies, provide input for the overall objectives and goals for the organization.
* Serve as member of local Site Leadership Team.
* Develop solutions to complex contracting issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
* Undertake special assignments, as required
* Minimum of a Bachelors Degree.
* 8 years experience in the Contract Administration capacity.
* 3 years in a manager or supervisory role.
* Experience working with FAR/DFARS.
* Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* Masters Degree
* National Contract Management Association (NCMA) certification
* Active DoD Clearance
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at www.cobham.com/careers or follow us on our LinkedIn page at www.linkedin.com/company/cobham
To be considered you must apply by going to www.cobham.com/careers
Job Category: Procurement
Primary Location: US-New York-Hauppauge
Organization: Cobham Motion Control Solutions Hauppauge
Recruiter: Craig Beronja