Contracts Program Manager- Hitachi Insight Group
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Opening for a 3rd party agreements and contracts program manager to work in the IoT and Big Data Business Unit. The Program Manager will be responsible for facilitating and driving the end to end process of drafting, evaluating, negotiating and executing 3rd party contracts, renewals, and associated purchase orders across all of Hitachi Insight Group business lines. Successful candidates will be a self-driven balance the needs of multiple functional groups, remove road blocks, and influence and drive accountability across organizational levels for people who are not direct reports.
This is an externally facing role - regular communication with potential Hitachi Insight Group partners and suppliers will be required, potentially at the C-level. Candidates must have a client-facing presence with excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
This position can be located in Englewood, CO or Santa Clara, CA.
* Serve as a subject matter expert for all internal requirements for drafting, evaluating, negotiating, and executing 3rd party term sheets, agreements, renewals, and purchase orders.
* Educate and hold team members accountable for 3rd party agreement process responsibilities and finalize contracts in a timely, efficient manner.
* Monitor the existing contracts, license agreements and renewals to ensure service is not interrupted.
* Act as the gateway to legal departments and work to understand all aspects of contracts and renewals to reduce the overall contract lifecycle.
* Understand business drivers for 3rd party agreements and be able to balance business needs with due diligence.
* Have regular discussions with 3rd party suppliers, vendors, and partners, managing and optimizing relationships.
* Serve as a Hitachi Insight Group advocate within the 3rd party agreements process, identifying and acting upon opportunities to change process and drive efficiency and speed.
* Represent and balance the needs of multiple functional groups in contract negotiations including but not limited to the business unit lead, sales, marketing, branding, procurement, compliance, supply chain, support, finance, etc.
* Manage internal client expectations for contractual negotiations and progress, anticipating risks, creating mitigation plans, removing barriers, and escalating to immediate manager where required.
* Make suggestions and improvements to existing processes to support each business units product roadmap and revenue goals.
* BA/BS required, MBA preferred
* 5-8 years client-facing program management, contract management or legal experience in a matrix organization
* Knowledge of Fortune 500 HW/SW quote to cash process and internal operations strongly preferred
* Contracting or vendor negotiation experience strongly preferred
* Willingness to travel 25%
* U.S. citizen with valid passport
* Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to strategically influence without direct authority
* Ability to resolve conflicts, remain calm in intense situations, and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders to achieve ideal business outcomes
* Ability to understand the business roadmap and business plans for hardware and software products
* Strong business skills with ability to understand technology and finance
* Extremely detail oriented and organized
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including presentation and facilitation
* A strong desire to take on new challenges
* Willingness to work in a high-paced environment
* Demonstrated good judgment, a team-first orientation, meticulous and results driven
* Ability to communicate clearly and form relationships/alliances with all levels and functional areas of the organization, including engineering, finance, and executives
* Ability to stay cool, collected and collaborative under pressure. Can shift readily between the "big picture" and the small but crucial details, knowing when to concentrate on each
* Self motivated, quick and assertive
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.