This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Oak Brook, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONOne of the largest US public accounting, consulting, and technology firms with a growing global practice seeks an experienced contracts specialist to fill an in-house position for contract management and also litigation support matters. The contracts specialist will support the Chief Risk Officer and the General Counsel's office. Applicants will have a minimum of eight years' experience in contract management, procurement, or related field. The contracts specialist will be expected to:
* Develop and continually improve contract management and review workflow and procedures
* Manage intake of client and vendor contract reviews
* Provide status updates to internal clients and reviewing attorney, and escalate as needed
* Achieve strong understanding of the firm's major business lines to effectively identify contract risk and provide relevant advice for risk management and acceptable contract terms
* Review contract terms provided by vendors, prospects and clients as well as proposed edits to preferred contracttemplates
* Negotiate terms as needed for engagement letters, master services agreements and statements of work, NDAs, access letters, RFPs/RFQs and other agreements
* Supporting contract reviews for burgeoning global consulting practice
* Understand and apply US and international privacy law and anti-corruption act frameworks for global consulting practice
* Monitor industry changes or trends.
* College degree or eight years relevant experiencerequired
* Discretion, judgment, and initiative required
* Strong organizational skills and client-service approach
* Self-motivated, composed, and creative problem-solver
* Ability to work independently in active, fast-paced environment and with a team
* Can drive discussion and present well organized thoughts; solid presentation skills
* Ability to manage through multiple demands and shifting priorities
* Keeps stakeholders informed about work progress and outcomes
* Articulate in communicating the role of the legal function to business partners
* Gathers relevant facts and information to address the issue presented
* Understands how own work impacts the "big picture"
* Familiar and resourceful with legal and internet research techniques and resources
* Knowledgeable about contract management systems, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Westlaw, Edgar, and other legal tools.