Control Engineer (Guidance, Navigation And Control Engineer)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGuidance, Navigation and Control Engineer (Design)
I have an exciting opportunity for a Control Engineer with a privately held leader in the space and defence industry.
In this role, the Control Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation, testing and verification of Guidance, Navigation and Control algorithms and FSW for the business unit.
You must be technically competent in the GN&C discipline and familiar with the design, integration, evaluation, testing and certification of GN&C algorithms.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Develop and produce robust integrated GN&C algorithms that meet all vehicle performance requirements with sufficient margin
* Participate in the development, verification and validation of GN&C flight software
* Support GN&C requirements development and ensure they are properly scoped for nominal and dispersed conditions
* Develop and mature GN&C design and analysis tools
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires a BS in a Related Field. Advanced degrees are desirable.
* Candidates will have experience developing, testing and certifying GN&C algorithms
* Experience building GN&C design and analysis tools is required
* Fluency in Matlab/Simulink environment is required
* Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams is required
* Practical experience working with reentry and lifting body vehicles is desired
* Practical experience working ISS vehicle integration is desired
* Practical experience with flight test is desired
* Experience with Model Based Design and autocoding process is desired