Control Room Operator - Alpena Cement Plant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor. All duties are performed in a work-safe manner; plant safety rules are followed and individual works as a team member. The primary objective of this position is be trained in control room efficiency of the Control Room Operator classification.
* Responsible for material flow.
* Perform oiling and lubrication duties in assigned area.
* Perform minor adjustments and repairs to area equipment as necessary.
* Maintenance of logs, records and checklists.
* Maintain control room controls and verify efficient processing
* Understand and comply with Environmental Health & Safety (EHS policies to assure that environmental, health and safety are the first priority of the business. Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist the department as needed to improve EHS performance and results. Support the following Alpena safety mission statement:
An injury-free workplace to be attained through a total team effort of never ending improvement. Employees are not to jeopardize their safety for the sake of production and should expect to be able to leave work in a condition no less than when they arrived.
Incumbent will successful complete all key responsibilities listed above. Incumbent will in addition continue to learn new tasks that will promote their skill levels in the Control Room Classification.
Education and Work Experience:
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* One year minimum experience working in an industrial plant.
* Willingness to work various shifts
Competency Profile (Lominger):
Knowledge and Skills:
* Must be willing to learn operating parameters of equipment.
* Good communication skills.
* Must pass written examinations.
* Willingness to pursue additional training to prepare for future advancement.
While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to travel through a cement plant, i.e., walk over obstacles, climb stairs and ladders, lift heavy or awkward parts, wear personal protective equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, fall protection, respirators etc.), work in outside weather conditions with exposure to extreme cold and heat.
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: