Control Room Supervisor / Operations Leader
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
To manage and operate the production shifts and control room so that all disciplines operate as one cohesive unit. Oversee equipment optimization, utilization and reliability in a safe manner while maintaining environmental compliance, quality and budgeted costs. Supervise the daily activities of Cement Technicians.
* Effectively supervise, direct, and coach Cement Technicians.
* The short and mid-term scheduling and supervision of the plant production while maintaining quality, environmental, and safety are the prime tasks.
* The incumbent is responsible to monitor the performance relative to the plant production parameters and targets.
* Responsible for maintaining a positive morale of all employees on their team.
* Knowledgeable in all facets of operation in the cement plant while demonstrating competence in all aspects of control room operation..
* Support coaching and development through training and communication to develop personnel into full functioning team members.
* Assesses the performance of their direct reports through regular discussions, objectives, mid-year, and year-end performance reviews.
* Must ensure that all subordinates are working and promoting safety at all times through daily, weekly, and monthly safety meetings, on the job coaching, and by taking a leadership role in the plant safety program.
* Ensure that the plant is operating in compliance with all operating permits and other regulatory requirements.
* Incumbents will be required to successfully complete the Operator training program, in which, will include travel requirements.
* Production of clinker and cement quantities as per budget.
* Optimization of equipment utilization in cooperation with the process and Area teams.
* Working with the Area Leaders to oversee the development of equipment checklists / inspections, production training and standard operating procedures.
* Adhere to product quality standards and environmental compliance.
* Maintain and improve good employee relations.
* Promote and implement safe working practices and conditions. Ensure that safety meetings are held and plant rules are followed.
* Act as the Plant Emergency Response Coordinator as well as contact person for emergency response personnel and/or regulatory agency representatives.
* Maintains a working relationship with other departments so that all aspects of the operation pertaining to the Operations Department are dovetailed in a logical and smooth fashion.
* Must be able to operate PC s, operation, and process computers.
* Must know capacity and production rates of all major pieces of equipment.
* Must keep a running log of the shifts activities. This is to include equipment down time and reasons, quality information, and a general report of the shifts operation.
* Must actively participate as a member of the Continuous Improvement Team.
* Responsible for sharing his or her cement experiences with the rest of the Production group, while remaining open-minded to selecting and utilizing the experiences of others.
* Exercise leadership over an area of the plant i.e: directing various Area Leaders and supervising Cement Technicians, ensuring processes within the area are operated safely and efficiently.
* Other duties as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Cement Technicians assigned to Operations report to the Operation Leader. The Operation Leader reports to the Process & Quality Area Manager. The Process & Quality Area Manager reports to the Plant Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Associates/Technical Degree
Additional Education Preferred: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Required Training/Certifications: Must be willing to complete CRO certification program
Required Work Experience: Minimum of 3+ years experience in cement or closely related industry in capacity of Control Room Operator, Production Supervisor or equivalent.
Travel Requirements: 5%
Required Computer and Software Skills: Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of SAP and Microsoft office.
Competency Profile (Eg. Lominger): Action Oriented, Ethics and Values, Decision Quality, Funtional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results
LICENSE TO LEAD OH&S COMPETENCIES
* Implements OH&S Mission: Ensures alignment of OH&S activities arising from OpCo OH&S mission
* Ensures adequate OH&S organization: Ensures relevant actions are taken so that OH&S requirements are met
* Identifies Hazards & Control Risks: Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are implemented thoroughly
* Manages Incidents: Drives committed and effective incident management
* Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
REQUIRED LANGUAGE: Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: