Control System Technician - Night Shift - Florence, NJ
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Title
Control System Technician - Night Shift - Florence, NJ
Auto Req ID
The Sr. Operating Engineer Florence, NJ role is responsible for managing fulfillment center operations, focusing on equipment troubleshooting and maintaining material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, scales, HMI systems, and control cabinets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Maintain material handling control systems, including PLC / PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, motor control systems, servo drives, variable frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
* Profibus experience is a plus but not necessary.
* Monitor Material Handling Equipment (MHE) metrics and partner with facilities / operations for system performance issues.
* Utilize FC System Assessment reports to improve material handling system performance through maintaining and repairing identified deficiencies.
* Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
* Communicate technical issues to Facilities and Operations management.
* An Associate s degree in Electronic Technology or related field or equivalent experience is required.
* Working knowledge of ladder logic and PLC software such as Allen Bradley RS LOGIX 500 or 5000.
* Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot PLC s and PLC components using relevant software.
* Experience with Allen Bradley products is preferred.
* Experience troubleshooting RS Logix 5000 is a plus, not necessary.
* Ability to identify and maintain Fanuc Robotics system components is a plus, preferred at some locations.
* Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot HMI components.
* Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot control network components.
* Ability to identify, maintain and troubleshoot Motor Controls including motor starters, Variable Frequency Drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.
* Industrial electrical hands-on experience and troubleshooting, including 480V 3-phase, 110 VAC, and 24VDC systems.
* Understand concepts of Warehouse Management System Software including Warehouse control systems.
* Reasoning, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to interpret drawings both mechanical and electrical.
* Ability to identify, maintain and utilize SCADA systems and KPI's.
* Ability to access all levels and areas of the facility over 1 million square feet in most cases.
* Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and relate them to others.
* Systems controls knowledge and PLC troubleshooting experience classroom or working experience.
* Field service engineering experience.
* Experience supporting a wide range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
* Experience with automation controls systems.
* Experience with industrial robotics.
* Experience with ASRS systems.
* Project management experience.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/Careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our website. Please reference Job 43833BR.
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $58.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years.
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine.
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years.
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.