Control Systems Analyst 8/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: #3620
Title: Control Systems Analyst
Date Posted: 08/22/2016
Job Location: Lexington Massachusetts
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED
Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information.
The Energy Systems Group develops technology solutions that enhance the efficiency and resiliency of both tactical and domestic energy systems. This includes developing advanced architectures and system designs to improve the resiliency of power grids, developing new control techniques for microgrids and distributed energy resources, and the prototyping of advanced energy technologies to improve the endurance of soldiers and tactical vehicles.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Energy Systems Group has an opening for a controls systems engineer to develop novel control strategies for advanced power grids. Applications include both microgrids and distributed energy resources embedded within the bulk utility grid, and small stand-alone power grids for the military. The candidate will work with a multi-disciplinary team to define top-level system requirements, build analytical models to test various control strategies, and prototype and test solutions on hardware and hardware-in-the-loop test platforms.
* MS degree in mechanical or electrical engineering with coursework and research emphasis on advanced control systems is required with 3+ years of relevant hands-on experience is desired or BS with 3+ years of experience.
* The candidate must be familiar with design, implementation and evaluation of classical and modern control approaches, both linear and non-linear for single-input single-output (SISO) and multi-input multi-output (MIMO) dynamic systems.
* Necessary skills include a proficiency in Matlab / Simulink as well as C and C++ programming in both real-time and non-real-time environments.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience working with multidisciplinary teams is also required.
* Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance
* Candidates with active Secret clearance preferred
* Hands-on experience with power conversion topologies including resonant power converters and / or familiarity with control strategies used for the integration of distributed energy resources on electrical grids.
* Experience with model validation and automatic code generation tools (e.g., Matlab Coder) as well as hardware-in-the-loop technology is highly desirable.
* Experience with Adaptive and Model Based Predictive controls theory is also preferable.
* Familiarity with electric power system terms and concepts (real and reactive power flow, power factor correction, balanced and unbalanced 3-phase loads) is desirable.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
* Location: Lexington, Ma
* Travel: Non-Anticipated
* Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
Additional BenefitsTuition Assistance
Health care off-set
Short and Long Term Disability