Control Systems/Process Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 6/14/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation : US - Armada, Armada MI US 48005
% of Travel Required : Seldom
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Category : Engineering
Job Description :
SKF is a leading global technology provider and has been since 1907. Our fundamental strength is our ability to continuously develop new technologies to create products that offer competitive advantages to our customers. Our hands on experience in over 40 industries combined with our knowledge across 5 business platforms in bearings, seals, mechantronics, services and lubrication systems help us achieve our competitive edge.
Linear & Actuation Technology (LAT) is a as Business Unit within SKF producing Linear Motion and Actuation System solutions used in Industrial Automation, Medical Applications and a wide range of other industries. Our knowledge and competence is bringing every day to our customers in either their final products or their own production environment linked to energy savings, flexibility, productivity and efficiency. The product lines include Linear Actuators, Telescopic Pillars, Ball & Roller Screws as well as Linear Guiding. The Linear and Actuation Business Unit comprise of 7 factories and 13 dedicated sales units.
The Armada LAT unit focuses on Electromechanical Actuators, Ground Ball Screws, and Roller Screws. Our actuator offering covers a wide range of applications, including food & beverage, medical, industrial automation, and HVAC. The factory also acts as a System House for Precision Rolled Ball Screws and Profile Rail Guide (i.e. LLT) for the North American market. Significant growth of the LAT business is planned over the next few years as a result we have an opening for a Control systems/Process Engineer to work on our Manufacturing Engineering Team.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for supporting manufacturing machining and assembly operations. Analyze user and customer requirements to design and develop electrical testing and control systems for Actuators and ball and roller screw test rigs, PLC controlled automated assembly equipment, as well as plan, specify and manage necessary CNC machine control upgrade projects.
* Provide programming and engineering support, basic troubleshooting of machining and assembly issues and tool & fixture design support for current production operations.
* Provide support to facility maintenance department for electrical and electronic control system troubleshooting and upgrade needs.
* Provide engineering support to new product introduction process including working with teams to develop routings, work instructions, manufacturing visual aids & assembly work stations.
* Work closely with CNC machining operators and technicians to develop manufacturing process and technology improvements (e.g. safety and quality improvements, productivity enhancements, cost reduction ideas involving automation, special tooling, machine modifications and improved work methods.)
* Oversee the development of new production related processes and assembly methods.
* Develop the business case for capital projects (i.e. new machines, new tooling, new ancillary equipment) and project management through to full implementation.
* Effectively manage multiple projects achieving cost, performance and delivery expectations.
* Actively participate in team based problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives (Kaizen, 5 Why, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Brainstorming, etc.)
* Develop, evaluate and implement employee suggestions, line side reviews and employee driven continuous improvement activities.
* Maintain technical competency with emerging technology.
Job Requirements :
Education and Experience
* Bachelor s Degree (B.S.) in Engineering from four year College or equivalent experience in Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Manufacturing Technology or 3 8 years of experience in the field.
Skills and Abilities
* Knowledge and experience in sensor technology applicable to the desired type of measurement (e.g., pressure, force, torque, temperature, etc)
* Knowledge and experience in motor driven control elements (e.g., types of motor controllers and drives (e.g. full voltage, reduced voltage, servo, stepper, variable frequency, DC, etc.) Types of motors (e.g.single and polyphase, AC motors, DC motors, linear motors, etc.)
* Knowledge of control signals and signal transmission.
* Should be familiar with LabView or other dataflow programming language
* Capital project management experience
* Project management experience
* Skill in using CAD, AutoCAD,Pro/E or similar engineering tools
* Familiar with machine controls and capable of editing CNC programs (Fanuc and Siemens controls)
* Effective communication and presentation skills
* Strong analytical ability and initiative