Apex Tool Group
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE CHALLENGE
Apex Tool Group is growing and our Global Power Tools team a key driver of our continued success. Our Finance team currently has a Controller position available in Auburn Hills. Reporting to the Vice President of Global Power Tools Finance, this key leadership position will oversee the financial operations activities, such as planning, controlling, and investments for the facility. This location currently operates with 60 associates in a one shift operation. Auburn Hills fabricates and line-sets power tools for tightening applications for the Motor vehicle Industry. This role has some key opportunities, which include; business partnering with the facilities Director, ETO costing, project management, planning, leading strategy, and enabling sales to win key contracts. This is a fast paced position with a lot of impact!
* Develop strategic plans working as the business partner to Auburn Hills Director. This will include short-term (current yr.), long-term (3-5 yrs.), and targeted MVI OEM strategies.
* Develop pricing and financial models for strategic MVI suppliers and OEM's.
* Work closely with MVI sales team to develop pricing models and competitive strategies to gain market-share at acceptable margins.
* Develop power-tool life-cycle financial models for strategic MVI accounts.
* Assist the sales and marketing teams with competitive analysis.
* Ensure revenue is recognized properly according to GAAP. Needs to be an expert with project accounting.
* Maintain accurate books in accordance to US GAAP standards.
* Prepare monthly reporting package, including comparative reports operating results and financial position and variance explanations.
* Prepare monthly forecast update including rolling four quarter forecast.
* Hands-on involvement in costing. Calculation and management of costing rates applied in product costing. Analyze variances monthly and recommend corrective actions.
* Prepare annual budget and facility strategies.
* Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
* Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing strong internal controls.
* Manage capital requisitions, spend and audits with Director of Operations.
* Manage and assist with annual physical inventory.
* Maintain account reconciliations.
* Analyze and manage Working Capital to at or below budgeted levels.
* BSDegree in Accounting/Finance required; MBA and CPA or CMA preferred.
* 7+ years of experience, in a manufacturing environment. Finance Manager, Cost Accounting Manager or Controller experience highly desirable.
* Experience in the MVI industry highly desirable. OEM or Tier 1 Supply.
* Ability to be a Business Partner by challenging thinking and assumptions of others at all levels, ability to think strategically and articulate ideas, and have the ability to help grow the business.
* Advanced experienced with an ERP (SAP strongly preferred), Hyperion and Microsoft Excel. Prior experience with SAP Project Systems Module preferred.
* Knowledge of GAAP, financial consolidation systems (Hyperion) and internal control framework.
* Prior leadership experience (direct/indirect supervisory experience) preferred.
* Demonstrated strong financial analytical and problem solving skills.
* The ability to work well under pressure including the ability to communicate a high degree of confidence and demonstrate effective leadership required.
* Communicates clearly, credibly, persuasively and with appropriate frequency; develops and uses personal impact to influence others to act positively.
* Builds strong working relationships both inside and outside the organization.
* Adapts leadership style to different or changing environment and builds teamwork.
* Effectively responds to changes in the business environment, understands implications and adjust priorities as needed on short notice.
* Responsible for own actions and work product, follows through on commitments, produces desired results.
* Interacts effectively with others, establishes trust, gains commitment, builds and maintains relationships in order to achieve a task or goal, demonstrates respect and dignity towards others.
* Functions as a team member with colleagues at all levels and across department and functional lines.
* Proven ability to adapt to change in direction and priority in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
We are Apex Tool Group, a $1.6 billion manufacturer and worldwide designer of industrial hand and power tools, tool storage, drill chucks, chain, and electronic soldering products. Apex Tool Group (ATG) and our 8500 associates have built a legacy of powerhouse brands, trusted to get the job done. Our brands include Crescent(R), GearWrench(R), Armstrong(R), Weller(R), SATA(R), Lufkin(R) and Wiss(R) as well as several key private label products for major global retailers. With a heritage that began in the 1800's with Wiss scissors, Nicholson files and Lufkin wood rules, today our tools and products support a wide variety of global industries, including automotive, aerospace, electronics, energy, hardware, industrial, and consumer retail.
ATG associates, in 30 locations around the world, are dedicated to providing our customers with high performing, innovative products, timely delivery, and customer service that is second to none. We pride ourselves on continuous improvement, and use lean and efficiency tools to guide our company-wide improvement initiatives. Our five core values - Customers Come First, Integrity in All We Do, Continuous Improvement in Every Aspect of our Business, Innovation for Growth and Best Talent, One Team - drive how we operate, every day.
But don't just take our word for it. Customers and industry groups recognize our innovation and responsiveness, and every year we are proud to earn supplier accolades. For example, ATG was named "Vendor of the Year" by national retailers Ace Hardware and Do-It-Best, and were honored by Sears Holdings with its "Partners in Transformation" award for our innovative product offerings. Our Weller brand won the prestigious Red Dot global design award for our new Consumer Soldering Iron.If you like to work in an environment where the journey to finding a better way never ends, and where your ideas are heard and acted upon, ATG is the company for you!
Apex Tool Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.