Controller / CFO 8/31/2016
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is an instrumental role entrusted with setting the company's financial policy and direction while also being an active participant in, and driver of, the organization's overall strategy. The CFO will lead all financial administration, business planning and budgeting. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO must interact effectively with other parts of the company; be viewed as a trusted business advisor and company leader. Critical duties include supporting management with key financial information and operational analytics, driving a culture of accountability in managing the business, adding value to operating the business and voicing well-substantiated opinions, some of which could be from a dissenting position.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Direct the Company's financial control and accounting operations.
* Overall responsibility for all financial aspects the company, including budgeting, forecasting, cost control, contingency planning, internal control and financial analysis and support of overall operations.
* Ensure proper, timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions and financial processing and reporting.
* Design, monitor, oversee and implement internal control procedures and policies keeping company's assets safeguarded and financial reporting accurate.
* Oversee month end close activities, and ensure timely closing of books.
* Work directly with CPA on annual financial statement review allowing for timely release of reviewed financials.
* Oversee all tax deadlines ensuring that all filing deadlines are comfortably met.
* Oversee tax compliance with federal and state statutes, regulations, and legislature.
* Calculate monthly commission liability for eligible jobs, record entries in the general ledger accounting for the liability at the sales person level and provide commission summaries to sales personnel in a timely manner.
* Analyze financial information and business practices to identify areas for efficiency improvement, cost reduction and revenue enhancement.
* Manage payroll processing to ensure employees are paid on time and accurately and that prevailing wages and associated benefits are paid appropriately and all related reporting requirements to the various requesting entities are filed timely.
* Develop and manage the process for checking and setting prevailing wage rates that ensures in areas with no classification for our iron workers that we are setting the rate.
* Direct, train and hire accounting personnel and manage them to plan, coordinate and control the financial activities ensuring objectives noted above are all met.
* Adhere to confidentiality of all financial documents/information and any other company information.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* Communicate with the CEO regularly to ensure that priorities, focus, strategies and work load are in line with expectation.
* Assist senior management with strategic and tactical planning.
* Recommend, implement and enforce internal policies and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy within the Company's departments and other facilities.
* Maintain a good working relationship with appropriate parties; vendors, debtors, attorneys, external CPAs and auditors, banks and other related parties.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) - _CONTINUED_:
* Identify and investigate changes to employee benefit and other programs (ex. health insurance) made by either legislative or business entities so management can make timely informed decisions on how to interpret and respond.
* Complete other responsibilities as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
* B.S. degree in Accounting and/or Finance; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
* 10+ years of progressive accounting experience preferably with some understanding of the dynamics of working for privately held companies.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Expertise in GAAP and advanced knowledge and skills in accounting software and systems as well as budget preparation and tracking.
* Strong supervisory experience; working with staff at all levels.
* Demonstrated ability to work with all departments and levels within an organization including senior executives and shareholders.
* Self-motivated and ability to work without supervision and handle a wide array of responsibilities in a timely manner.
* Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
* Personal competencies that include; staying calm under pressure, strong organization skills, efficiency in execution, flexibility and adaptability.
* Intellectual competencies that demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, perform detailed analysis, think strategically and be creative.