Manning Personnel Group, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY An established Financial Consulting firm is looking to hire a Controller for their corporate office. In this position, you would oversee financial accounting and reporting, the operational needs of treasury, and tax and compliance obligations for this international firm. Reporting into the Treasurer, the ideal candidate will be a hands-on person with strong business acumen.
The Controller will be responsible for major aspects of accounting, reporting, tax, compliance, and cash management.
The successful candidate will be able to point to specific accomplishments in most of the following areas:
* Team building: a track record of success in hiring and developing both individuals and a finance/accounting organization
* Running the core accounting process
* Management of domestic and international financial & tax reporting
* Development of cash forecasting and management processes
* Management of cross-border transactions
* Determining the firm's banking needs and developing and maintaining effective bank relationships
* Understanding US GAAP, FAS and related international principles and standards (IFRS)
* Ensure compliance with US, UK, Canadian and Australian GAAP and pertinent Financial Accounting Standards while maintaining an awareness of IFRS and compliance with country-specific accounting requirements
* Experience with professional Time Post graduate degree preferred
* Experience working for an international organization required
* CPA is a plus
* Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is expected
* Proven and advanced analytical/quantitative skills
* Ability to maintain professional maturity and ability to exercises appropriate judgment
* Demonstrated ability to work with staff at all levels and to build strong relationships with people across the organization
* The ability to deliver clear, concise, and effective messages orally and in writing
* The facility to embrace innovation and change and to develop thoughtful solutions to the firm's finance/accounting
* Night and weekend work is required, as needed, as well as travel to other offices
Compensation is expected to be in the $150K-$170K range and will include an excellent benefits package.