This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Brehm Preparatory School is a small, fully-accredited, not-for-profit coeducational boarding school for students with learning differences. Since 1982, Brehm has been successfully teaching Junior High and High School students with language-based and learning disabilities to "learn how to learn." Our family-style atmosphere is uniquely designed to foster independence and responsibility.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Executive Administrative team, the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all financial operations, accounting and reporting activities, budget preparation, financial reporting, risk management, property management, payroll and benefits, and will be involved in supporting presentations to the Board of Trustees, Finance and Audit Committees as well as working closely with the Executive Director and Executive Administrative team.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of $8 million and supervise the Business team. The Controller will ensure that the Agency has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with other Directors and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations and the Strategic Plan of the corporation.
* Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely financial information.
* Has overall responsibility for maintaining internal financial controls, policies and procedures adequate to safeguard the corporation's assets.
* Supervises the annual budgeting process.
* Monitors the allocation of resources and controlling expenditures.
* Responsible for all operational cash management.
* Coordinates the banking needs, including the negotiation of loans and lines of credit.
* Oversees the administration, policies and practices of payroll and benefits.
* Directs the management of employee benefit programs.
* Participates in external salary surveys as required.
* Assists in the negotiation of employee benefit rates and programs with insurers and broker.
* Assists in drafting and implementing agency policy and practice as it relates to payroll and benefits.
* Works cooperatively with the Director of Human Resources on areas of mutual interest.
* Determines that the Brehm Foundation's investment portfolio is administered consistent with Board of Trustees' direction.
* Responsible for monitoring investment policies and periodic reviews of the Brehm Foundation investment or endowment funds.
* Responsible for review and approval of all contracts with vendors and all other service providers, including school districts and alternative funding sources.
* Responsible for the analysis of all sales, mergers, strategic alliances or joint ventures with other organizations.
* Responsible for the corporate risk management plan and assures it is managed consistent with Board of Director's direction.
* Has overall responsibility for the maintenance of fixed asset records.
* Participates in regular supervision and staff meetings as required by the department and Executive Director.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Advise the Executive Director on strategic business development and key corporate planning issues and make recommendations on major business decisions.
* Work through the Executive Director and Executive Administrative Team, serving as a resource to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, achieve effective utilization and quality goals and objectives, analyze and utilize information to develop and support management decisions.
* Leverage strengths of the financial team, clarifying roles and responsibilities along with developing and implementing training in order to maximize individual and organizational goals.
* Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
* Participate in the development and execution of school strategies and goals.
* Master's of Business Administration (MBA) and/or C.P.A. (Certified Public Accountant) certification.
* A minimum of ten years experience in financial administration and supervision.
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* High level of computer proficiency, leadership skills and self-motivation.
* Prior supervisory experience and knowledge of nonprofit accounting operations and integrated accounting software (knowledge of QuickBooks).
* Advanced financial management experience (including fund, grant and endowment accounting), and effective presentation of financial information.
* Mature judgment to work with a wide range of constituencies and create consensus.
* Well-developed interpersonal, analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
* Experience with Apple's operating system a plus.
* Department: Administration
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director and Executive Administrative Team
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: Yes
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office setting
COMPENSATION: Salary, commensurate with experience.
BENEFITS: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Account [403 (b)] with employer matching, Standard Holidays, Paid Time Off.
POSITION AVAILABILITY: Immediately
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
For more information, or to apply online, please go to the websites below.
Please do not email your resume and cover letter to us as we only accept online applications through our website.
Hand delivered and mailed resumes, cover letters are accepted. Employment Applications can also be picked up at the address below.
Please submit your resume and cover letter directly to our Director of of Human Resources by one of the means below.