JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Join our fast-paced, 100% employee-owned company
Hobbico is one of the largest radio control and model hobby companies in the world. The company distributes a wide variety of hobby and toy products from hundreds of manufacturers, including over 40 proprietary brands. Hobbico is proud to be the industry leader and we're absolutely dedicated to achieving excellence in everything we do.
Hobbico currently has a tremendous opportunity for a CONTROLLER to join our accounting team. As an employee-owned company, we foster a collaborative work environment. Come join a dynamic team that has a passion for innovation, success, and teamwork!
* Oversee and directly manage the accounting, financial reporting, cash management, and accounts payable functions to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for monthly and annual close of accounting records. Maintain a strong system of internal financial controls for the organization.
* Determines current cash position on a daily basis. Project monthly and quarterly cash balances and summary.
* Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations are completed.
* Acts as the primary contact for the annual independent audit and special audits and reviews. Responsible for scheduling audits and preparing related reports.
* Coordinates timely and proper payment of accounts payable in accordance with contract terms.
* Reviews all expense invoices as well as expense checks prepared.
* Work closely with the CFO in the preparation of annual budgets.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* CPA/CMA certificate desirable.
* 5-10 years of progressive experience in either public accounting or private industry. Industry experience should be either as assistant controller in a large company or as a controller of a small to mid-size company.
* Previous management and supervisory experience.
* Experience with Treasury or cash flow planning.
* Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and accurate.
* Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills as this person collaborates with outside vendors and a diverse group of management at all levels. Serves as a representative of Hobbico and the Accounting Department.
* Excellent analytical skills needed to deal with problem-solving and constantly changing conditions and workloads.
* Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Previous experience with ERP or spreadsheet software package implementation highly desirable. Working knowledge of MS Dynamics would be a plus.
Hobbico is 100% employee-owned and we believe that our employees are our most important resource. We offer competitive pay and comprehensive benefits including:
* Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
* Flexible spending account
* 401(k) with company match
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan
* Paid vacation
* Paid holidays
* Career advancement opportunities
* Employee discounts