Controller - Construction Industry
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Architecture & Construction Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position is for an experienced controller with direct oversight of accounting staff, reporting to the CFO. Experience with construction, payroll and benefits a plus. This position requires a systems-savvy individual with a high managerial acumen and and technical skills.
The specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Oversees Job Cost Accounting, WIP review, AP, Payroll, HR administration
* Timely review of monthly, annual operating results to ensure completeness and accuracy with all variances identified and addressed.
* Internal and external reporting for audit and tax filings.
* Responsible for accurate GL maintenance for construction projects and subsidiary ledgers.
* Oversee cash management functions for multiple operating entities.
* Assist in staff training, counseling and evaluations to ensure department objectives are met.
* Ad hoc budgeting, reporting and analysis.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required, CPA and MBA a plus. Construction accounting experiencerequired.
* Strong understanding of US GAAP, Federal and State tax and employment regulations.
* Microsoft Excel savvy with ability to create/edit advanced MS Excel spreadsheets involving complex formulas, lookups, pivot tables, and links required.
* Sage 300 CRE/Timberline (Payroll, Job Cost, AP, CM modules) and Viewpoint experiencepreferred.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, accurate and detail oriented team player.
* Must know how to hire, terminate, train a complete accounting department.
* At least 10years accounting and 5years as a legitimate controller / CFO.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Dental, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Fitness Center.
Leading Chicagoland design-build firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME BY USING THE "APPLY NOW" FEATURE.
** NO AGENCIES! **
**PLEASE, NO FAXES, NO PHONE CALLS, NO MAIL, NO WALK-INS. **