Controller / Director of Finance and Accounting 8/9/2016
Fort Lauderdale, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY AFS Acceptance is looking for a dynamic and proactive CONTROLLER / DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ACCOUTING to effectively manage and lead the Accounting and Finance Department. This individual should be a doer who welcomes challenges, appreciates a fast-paced environment with integrity, excellence, desire to win, and embraces learning and innovation.
The CONTROLLER / DIRECTOR OF FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING will develop best-practices while creating value-added processes across the Company. This position will report directly to the CEO.
* Bachelor's degreerequired, preferably in Accounting or related field, Master's degreepreferred
* CPA or equivalent highly desired, and very strong attention to detail
* Background in Specialty Finance or Consumer Lending highly preferred; capital markets and securitization a plus
* Superb administrator, department and information integrator and a doer
* Very strong budgeting experience; developing, establishing and monitoring budgets
* Ability to perform Financial Analysis such as cash flowforecasting
* Experience managing relationships with Banks; Cash and Treasury experience
* Previous experience managing a Year End Audit and relationship with External Auditors
* Previous experience overseeing operational departments (e.g.: IT or HR)
* Develop, establish and monitor departmental and Company budgets, and variance analysis. Monitor department's results.
* Prepare Financial Statements and reports
* Perform Financial Analysis and Cash Flow Forecasts
* Manage relationship with Banks, take responsibility of Cash and Treasury
* Insure required State and Federal licenses are maintained in good standing, and Tax compliance is continued
* Manage Audit process
* Manage accounting team, their activities as well as identifying learning and developing opportunities for them
Why Choose Us
We are AFS Acceptance, a full service auto finance company specializing in serving the subprime financing needs of our dealers for over 16years. We make work fun while providing extraordinary service with fair, innovative and transparent financial solutions. We were named one of South Florida Business Journals' Best Place to Work and also included in the annual Inc. 500|5000 in 2014 and 2015, an exclusive ranking of the nation's fastest-growing private companies. And we have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
* We practice our core values (Own It, Stay Curious, Win As A Team, Make Their Day) in everything we do
* Our dealers enjoy doing business with us
* We believe in "F" words - FUN, FRIENDLY & FAST PACED
* Our benefits are OUTSTANDING!
* Our laid back atmosphere promotes and rewards results