Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
East Syracuse, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Aspen Dental Management, Inc. (ADMI) is a highly successful, national dental services organization. ADMI provides non-clinical business support services to more than 500 Aspen Dental-branded dental offices, located in 33 US states. Each Aspen location is owned and operated by a licensed, independent dentist. The ADMI headquarters location is in East Syracuse, NY. As a reflection of our current needs and planned growth we are very pleased to offer an opportunity to join our Finance team as a Controller.
The Controller will be responsible for directing and overseeing all financial activities of a newly acquired operating segment. This person will provide accurate and timely financial information and insure compliance with all corporate, governmental, accounting, and regulatory standards. Key success factors for this position are the ability to get into the details to design, implement, improve and maintain financial close and reporting processes while also leading key strategic initiatives to support the planned growth of the business. This is a key management position that will be the primary finance partner to the president of this operating segment and also will be asked to partner with management of the parent to provide insight on performance and strategy. This position could provide tremendous opportunities in a growing and dynamic industry and the position is based out of Syracuse.
* Prepare timely and accurate monthly financial statements and management reports. Present results, insight, and recommendations to management.
* Develop reporting and processes to distribute and perform financial reviews with management of the operating segment to enhance their financial acumen and awareness.
* Develop, document, and implement accounting policies, principles, and procedures that comply with U.S. GAAP and parent policies.
* Develop, implement, and maintain all financial processes and controls.
* Assess current integration of accounting operations into parent's shared services functions and determine s/t and l/t plans.
* Partner with parent and operating segment management to identify and execute on value drivers in the acquisition integration. Areas include accounting, FP&A, procurement, human resources/payroll, legal, treasury, and real estate.
* Identify and lead cost-reduction initiatives around procurement and labor management.
* Prepare or oversee all balance sheet account reconciliations and financial statement close internal controls documentation in accordance with parent policies.
* Lead or assist in preparation of annual budgets, financial forecasts, and annual operating plan.
* Manage working capital and cash forecasts while working with parents management.
* Develop, organize, and implement key financial and operational metrics and ensure they are distributed timely for decision making purposes.
* Create models to ensure appropriate analysis and reporting of labor, compensation programs, and vendor spend. Prepare analysis and make recommendations to redesign programs as needed to align with the strategic plan and growth.
* Coordinate and provide requested documentation to external auditors for annual audit.
* Evaluate systems and controls to support the strategic plan and financial forecasts.
* Manage direct reports and set objectives and priorities, and make staffing resource recommendations.
* Travel will be required to both the existing Corporate location and clinical sites.
Minimum Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in accounting
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and strong knowledge of US GAAP
* A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience
* Budgeting and planning experience
* Supervisory experience
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications, proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Strong ability to extract data from systems, organize it, and present it for analysis and decision making purposes.
* Strong communication and leadership skills, ability to interact with senior management and present ideas in a concise and digestible manner
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
* Blend of Public Accounting experience and private Financial Reporting experience
* Experience designing or redesigning significant accounting processes that comply with U.S. GAAP
* Medical/health care experience - notably in systems, finance processes, and revenue cycle
* Experience with systems assessment, vendor selection, and conversions
* Experience with ASC Topic 805, _Business Combinations_
About Aspen Dental Management, Inc.
Aspen Dental-branded practices are supported by ADMI, a dental support organization that provides non-clinical business support to licensed, independent dentists.