This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors ( UMEC) is a specialty contractor operating in southern California, primarily in the commercial and industrial construction market. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc., a Fortune 500 company. EMCOR is the world s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance. UMEC designs, builds and commissions mechanical systems, including heating, ventilating and air conditioning ( HVAC), plumbing and piping systems for commercial, institutional, high tech, industrial and military clients.
Job Title: -- Controller
Job Summary: -- University Mechanical is currently seeking an experienced Financial Controller for our San Diego, CA. Office to undertake all aspects of financial management including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, and internal control policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Manage all accounting operations including billing, AR, AP, and GL as well as job cost accounting, revenue recognition and WIP reporting
* Coordinate and direct the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
* Prepare timely financial statements
* Coordinate the preparation of timely regulatory reporting
* Cash management responsibility including forecasting and reporting, managing disbursements, and assisting in collections.
* Develop and document business processes and strengthen internal controls
* Strive for continual improvement in accounting and transactional processes
* Preparation of annual tax packages for the corporate tax department
* Supervise, mentor and develop an accounting staff of 6-8
Interacts with Senior Management, Ops management and the project teams, HR, Purchasing and IT departments and the corporate Accounting, Tax, Risk Management, HR and Treasury departments
To perform the job successfully, the employee should meet the following requirements.
* Strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
* Motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to manage multiple priorities and adapt to additional tasks as required.
* Must have solid computer skills. Vista by Viewpoint experience a plus
* Experience in the Construction Industry is a must.
* Minimum of a Bachelor s degree in Accounting ( advanced degree and/or CPA a plus)
Qualifications-- 10+ years of accounting/finance experience with at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled