This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Controller will oversee all Accounting and HR/Payroll related functions. Maintain internal controls over all financial reporting in addition to continuous improvement. Prepare quarterly and year-end reporting including financial statements, budgets, and projections to senior management team.
* Supervise staff of two A/P, A/R.
* Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the company's long-term strategy.
* Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the management team and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
* Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas and selecting and working with outside consultants and auditors.
* Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets and develop the financial business plans and forecasts.
* Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
* Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
* Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems.
* Ensure the maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
* Responsible for the preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
* Review all month-end closing activities including account reconciliations and general ledger maintenance.
* Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems.
* Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
* Manage the company's insurance program.
* Responsible for the negotiation of all benefit programs, required reporting, and the resulting employee payroll deductions.
* A minimum of a BS; a CPA and or MBA would be a plus.
* At least ten years of controllership experience
* Extensive general ledger, journal entry, income statement and balance sheet preparation
* Experience managing finance and accounting software packages. Peachtree (Sage) preferred.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and organizational skills
* Excellent analytical skills
* Significant experience in current accounting procedures, compliance, and reporting