This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Long Island City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Expectations
The Maintenance Control team provides surveillance, control, and direction for all aircraft maintenance concerns.
* Uses real time aircraft monitoring applications to provide proactive resolution of in service discrepancies.
* Central point of contact for front line Crewmembers, Business Partners and all other aircraft maintenance related matters
* Authority and responsibility for the supervision and coordination of all unscheduled maintenance functions that are accomplished using JetBlue Airways procedures
* Focal point within the SOC for all aircraft maintenance related items and provides bi directional communications to business unit members as required by the general maintenance manual and internal operating procedures.
* Provides real time recovery support for aircraft that are out of service, liaises with front Line Maintenance, AOG, Engineering, Dispatch, Sys Ops and Flight to establish a recovery plan of action.
* Maintain constant surveillance of overall line station activity. Supports both Jetblue Line maintenance and Contract Maintenance Business Partners in all matters regarding aircraft maintenance. Overall authority over the application of the JetBlue Airways deferred maintenance process as outline in the general Maintenance manual
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
* High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
* Six (6) years of aircraft maintenance experience
* Five (5) years of experience in heavy transport aircraft
* Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
* Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
* Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
* Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
* Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
* Bachelor s Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
* 2 years Maintenance Control Experience (Heavy Transport)
* Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and in the use of digital manuals
* Ability to stay focused and work under pressure
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong work ethic
* Previous leadership experience
* Regular attendance and punctuality
* Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
* Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
* When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
* Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
* Computer and other office equipment
* Normal office environment
* Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. Position Expectations may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.