This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONStonecast Products is seeking a talented and experienced Controller to fill a new position within our growing business. The ideal candidate will possess a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence. If you have a strong financial and business acumen and are up for a new challenge, we would love to talk to you!
Stonecast Products is a premier provider of superior architectural and structural precast concrete wall panels and custom cast stone profiles. We partner with Architects, General Contractors, Mason Contractors, and Design-Build firms to create innovative designs while providing industry-leading product quality and service.
The Controller will work as part of the Stonecast Management team, directing the financial activities of the company and related entities by preparing financial analyses of operations to guide management decisions. The successful candidate will develop and implement accounting processes that ensure internal controls, compliance of accounting principles, and a high degree of financial statement accuracy.
* Fiscal responsibility for accounting and financial reporting
* Evaluation of financial results and operating variances
* Development of forecasts and annual operating budgets
* Mitigation of risk by monitoring a comprehensive set of internal controls
* Management of all functions of the financial operations of the company, including budgeting, cash management, billing, collections, financial reporting, general ledger, payables, and system administration
* Ensures sales tax compliance by providing accurate and timely completion of all sales tax returns, taking full advantage of all favorable tax exemptions
* Coordinate annual tax return preparation and financial statement review by outside CPA firm
* Participation in a wide variety of special projects
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / COMPETENCIES NECESSARY FOR SUCCESS:
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
* CPA Certification
* 3 years' experience in public accounting
* 5 additional years' experience in a financial role in the private manufacturing industry
* Proven experience in successfully managing people
* Experience in job costing in a manufacturing environment
* Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to promote effective working relationships
* Proven and unquestionable ethical conduct
* Proven leadership ability
* Strong problem solving ability; and ability to hold others accountable
* Ability to manage and drive change
* Ability to work independently or within a team
* Full commitment and understanding of company's direction and willingness to do what it takes to achieve set goals