This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are looking for a highly-organized and detail-oriented Financial Controller who combines exceptional leadership skills, with effectively prioritization abilities. You should be able to work independently and proactively in a high-demand work environment. You must have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work effectively and objectively with a diverse group of people.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONTROLLER:
* Prepare reports to summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
* Oversee and manage all general ledger activity
* Ensure timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and year-end close process
* BS in Finance, or Accountancy, or equivalent business experience
* Minimum 7+ years of relevant accounting experience with at least 5+ years in an accounting management capacity
* Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures and US GAAP
* Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables
* Proficiency with accounting softwaresystems
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
* Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
* CPA, a plus
* Public accounting experience, a plus