This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Applied Industrial Technologies
JOB DESCRIPTIONBay Advanced Technologies, a subsidiary of Applied Industrial Technologies, is seeking a Controller to join their management team. This position is responsible for leading the accounting function for a multi-branch company and adhering to our parent company audit and Sarbanes Oxley requirements. Leading the accounting team includes functional responsibilities over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and credit management. We are seeking an independent leader experienced in distribution, inventory management, job shop cost accounting, budgeting, and finance.
* Manage the full cycle accounting including journal entries, month-end close and financial reporting package.
* Assure department financial deadlines are met.
* Formulates, and administers financial policies procedures and internal controls ensuring conformance with US GAAP.
* Financial analysis and budget variance analyses.
* Job cost analysis including variance analyses and corrective action follow up.
* Review and ensure accurate G/L account reconciliations for bank accounts, subsidiary ledger controls and various balance sheet accounts.
* Review of monthly sales tax returns and manage all sales tax external audits.
* Manage internal and external annual financial audits including prepare or review of audit work-papers and audit required client report reconciliations.
* Maintain and analyze other company metrics, including labor and job cost analysis, inventory turnover and reserves and other related reserves.
* Assure adherence of parent company asset and accounting policies.
* Participate in formulating and successfully implementing annual budget financial work-papers, goals and objectives.
* Hire, train and develop accounting department associates following company standards and policies.
* Provide support as needed to corporate accounting including Sarbanes Oxley compliance, quarterly financial reviews, annual tax and audit requirements and other reports as requested.
* Conduct associate performance reviews regularly, establish individual goals and ensure completion of relevant training.
* Communicate to associates specific duties and requirements of their job.
* Write and deliver presentations and prepare reports as necessary.
* Special projects as required.
* 4 year BA degree
* Minimum 5 years experience in accounting/finance OR audit
* Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, especially excel.
* Controller or equivalent experience highly desirable.
* ERP software knowledge with distribution background.
* Ability to meet established deadlines.
* Flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and multi-tasked environment.
* Knowledge of access or other data-basing software
Work for a corporation that believes in developing our people. Applied (R) employees believe in the company and love the environment. Individual contributors with fresh ideas and passion for excellence are encouraged and rewarded.
Connect with a great stable company with strong performance and growth. We look forward to learning more about you and will respond to qualified candidates. Apply today!
As a distributor of pneumatic, electrical and fluid components with vertically integrated sheet metal, machining and welding capabilities, Bay Advanced Technologies is positioned technically and logistically to support customers module outsource strategies. Bay s manufacturing and integration locations in Newark, CA; Austin, TX; and Singapore provide parts and system support to any location domestic or international. ISO 9001:2008 certified in CA, TX and Singapore; ISO 13485 certified for medical equipment manufacturing in CA and Singapore.
Parent company Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is the world s largest fluid power distributor. Our network of 18 fluid power companies (70+ locations) in North America is a resource for dedicated fluid power support. We have one of the largest teams of Certified Fluid Power Specialists, Certified Electronic Control Specialists and Certified Fluid Power Mechanics &d Technicians to assist you with problem solving, system building, troubleshooting and other requirements. Between our service centers and our network of 19 fluid power companies, we provide immediate access to the critical fluid power components and services our customers need.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 216-426-4776 to let us know the nature of your request.