JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY LOCATION: Northridge
MUST HAVES: CPA, Controller Experience, Fund Accounting, Reconciliation Experience
NICE TO HAVES: MBA (would be nice), University Experience (would be ideal).
SOFTWARE: Great Plains, Excel
* Oversees the operations of accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury, and other functions, ensuring compliance with university policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
* Develops, reviews for efficiency, maintains, and/or executes fiscal policies, accounting, and internal financial controls of the university.
* Prepare quarterly financial statements and analysis reports for internal, external, and audit purposes.
* Develops and implements organizational goals, objectives, policies, and procedures; reviews and recommends changes to operational effectiveness.
* Prepares for and oversees the university's external audits, and reports the results to the VP and/or administration; implements corrections and improvements as required.
* Coordinate accounts receivable and financial aid reconciliation with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
* Maintain accounting of all funds, including the current unrestricted, restricted, endowment, quasi-endowment, loan, and plant funds.
* Perform end-of-month and end-of-year closing procedure.
MUST HAVE QUAILFICATIONS:
* Three plus or more years Fund accounting and budget experience in higher education preferably in the private, non-profit sector.
* Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts and/or projections.
* Outstanding interpersonal and community relation skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, required; master's preferred.