This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Cox Corporate Services, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description This position provides leadership and direction for the financial activities of the Auction. The Controller is the trusted advisor to the General Manager and Auction Senior Management in all areas of Finance and Administration and is the liaison between the Auction and Market/Corporate management. The Controller is responsible for the accuracy of financial information, revenue posting, and purchasing activities. The Controller is the leader of the Finance, Purchasing, and Posting teams at the auction.
* Effectively lead the Finance team, including Posting & Procurement personnel where applicable, and provide regular communication and feedback. Focus on developing/training staff and ensuring high levels of employee engagement.
* Prepare and review monthly financial statements to present to General Manager, Auction management team, and market leadership.
* Lead monthly close process which includes the processing of necessary journal entries and performing the required accrual analysis. Ensure accuracy and timelines with adherence to the 3 day month-end deadline.
* Build strong relationships with other areas of the auction in order to provide business leadership and partnering within areas such as Reconditioning, Collections, Front Office, Operations, and Other Administrative functions.
* Direct Auction management in fully understanding and achieving targets related to KPI s as well as other efficiency metrics.
* Analyze and report Financial Results and partner with Senior Management, Market leadership, and Corporate personnel to improve operating results.
* Ensure all auction accounting procedures, records, and reports conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
* Assist in the preparation, review, and presentation of monthly & quarterly Forecasts, annual Budgets, and long term financial plans.
* Develop and implement goals, policies, priorities and procedures relating to Financial Management, Forecasting, Budgeting, and Accounting.
* Provide mentoring for all functional managers to promote understanding of Finance, Financial Tools, and the impact their areas have on auction results.
* Work with other department managers to ensure all internal controls are adhered to and financial statements are fairly and accurately presented.
* Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of accounting systems and assist internal and external auditors in performing reviews and audits of accounting records.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
* CPA certification or MBA preferred.
* Strong leadership, communication, and interaction skills required.
* Effective and competent management, accounting, and organizational skills required.
* Excellent computer and software knowledge essential, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Oracle, Hyperion, and AS400 knowledge preferred.
* Knowledge of Finance, Accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
* Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
* Demonstrated strength in performing ad hoc analysis and short and long term budgeting and forecasting.
* Strong time management skills and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
* Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience in positions with increasing responsibilities required.
* Assistant Controller or Controller experience preferred.
* Experience in the automobile or Auction industry desirable.
**This position supports 2 auctions, Manheim San Diego and Manheim Central California locations. Ability to travel 30% is required**
Cox Automotive is a leader in vehicle remarketing services, digital marketing and software solutions for automotive dealers, manufacturers and consumers. Cox Automotive includes AutoTrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and a host of other global businesses and brands. Headquartered in Atlanta, Cox Automotive employs nearly 24,000 employees in over 150 locations worldwide. We partner with more than 40,000 dealers and touch more than 67 percent of all car buyers in the U.S. with the most recognized brands in the industry. We unite more than 20 brands in this space, providing an end-to-end solution to transform the way the world buys, sells and owns cars.
Primary Location:US-CA-Oceanside-4691 Calle Joven
Travel:Yes, 25 % of the Time