Hands on controller role with 35year old commercial real estate developer and property managment company
* Prepare of monthly property accounting reports and monthly requisitions including year to date and reforecasted cash flow and taxable income;
* Prepare quarterly investor reporting packages including calculation of preferred returns and distributable cash;
* Monitor and ensure all property deadlines are met;
* Identification and resolution of all accounting issues;
* Lead role and coordination of annual budgets;
* Maintain and enhance accounting and property management procedures and internal control systems, primarily 3rd party relationships;
* Training, supervision and management of staff;
* Maintain relationship with client accounting personnel;
* Prepare calculation of tenant billings of CAM and taxes;
* Other projections and analysis as requested;
* Prepare annual work papers and financial statements and coordinate year-end;
* Monitor and follow-up on accounts receivables delinquencies and communicate issues;
* Prepare financial statements for multple entities and assure timely reporting to multiple investors and lenders.
* Develop annual operating budgets and monitor monthly budget reporting function.
* Analyze construction costs and development budgets.
* Prepare and review annual CAM billings reconciliation. Responsible for all cash and debt management, calculation and variance reporting for monthly distributions to owner, oversee collections of rent, CAM charges, legal and other fees as applicable in the day-to-day operations of commercial property management.
* Assist with company tax return preparation in conjunction with local independent accounting firm.
* Develop the quality and accuracy of accounting procedures to include accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and monthly close functions.
* Responsible for the operation and integrity of accounting software and internal financial controls.
* Prepare analyses of financial performance used in executive management decision-making.
* 5years + in Real Estate Accounting experience;
* Undergraduate or Advanced degree in Accounting;
* Individual should possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel