This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Portnoy, Messinger, Pearl & Associates
Port Washington, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONOur client, located in Nassau County, has an immediate need for a Controller with strong management, accounting, and tax skills. The Controller will work with the Accounting Team to make improvements in the financial reporting, analysis, and close processes.
Day-to-day management of all accounting functions.
* Drive month-end close activities to a timely and accurate result.
* Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting.
* Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
* Prepare and analyze daily, weekly and monthly reports of key financial and operational metric trends.
* Implement company-wide budgeting process.
Identify and implement system and process improvements.
Ensure that all internal controls are documented and followed.
Responsible for all tax, external reporting, and audit functions.
Manage fixed asset accounting.
Overseeing the accounting system.
Accounting degree, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
Advanced in Microsoft Excel.
Candidates will possess a minimum of 10years expanding financial responsibility in the manufacturing and service industries.
* Able to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
Naturally possess the ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
* Strong leadership of team and work with peers within an organization.
* Are extremely detail-oriented.
* Have a positive and professional attitude and are reliable.
* Are forward-thinking and solutions-oriented.
* Have a high level of initiative and self-motivation.
Competitive compensation and benefits. Equal Employment Opportunity.