This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: CONTROLLER
SALARY: $130,- $145,
LOCATION: SAN DIEGO, CA
A global defense company in central San Diego is seeking a Controller to oversee and direct all aspects of financial operations.
* Oversee the preparation of monthly financial statements and reports to upper management, including special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; complete regulatory reports as required
* Develop and implement projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established business goals
* Manage strategic accounting and finance projects within the business unit to budget, schedule, and technical goals
* Track and report costs
* Take proactive measures to positively influence direction and outcome of projects
* Participate in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and-long range planning
* Oversee the personnel, including selection, work allocation, training, development, and problem resolution
* Evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions; motivate, coach and mentor employees to achieve peak productivity, performance and employee engagement
* Regulate investment, budgetary and profitability goals by performing actual versus forecast comparison for the organizational departments
* Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits; provide information to external auditors; key player for year-end audit
* Oversee the budgeting process by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing and consolidating financial data, including analyzing variances of budget and recommend actions to achieve budgetary goals
* Establish and implement all internal controls for the accounting unit, including review of current cost accounting and job pricing systems
* Report visual metrics, including KPI's for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control
* Develop and support teams that make suggestions, take initiative and actively implement improvements
* Undergraduatedegree in finance, accounting, or related area.
* MBA and CPA highly preferred
* Ten plus years' business operations finance experience with increasing responsibility in aerospace and defense manufacturing environment with program control, sales, profit, bookings and cash flow forecasting experience
* Experience with FAR/CAS accounting in a government contract environment at a full-CAS covered business.
* Earned value knowledge and earned value management system (EVMS) experience a plus.
* Ability to identify and quantify risk & opportunities
* Positive attitude, strong initiative and ability to work independently
* Strong organizational, prioritization, and analytical & problem-solving skills while being able to multitask effectively
* Computer skills MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), SAP