This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY DESCRIPTION
SkyKick is an award winning, global provider of cloud management software for IT solution providers. Our products are designed to help our clients build successful cloud businesses by making it easy to backup, migrate, and manage their customers in the cloud. We have helped over 5,000 partners worldwide accelerate their cloud business. SkyKick is a fast growing pioneer in the cloud market and has won numerous awards including Microsoft Partner of the Year and a Red Herring Top 100 North America winner.
SkyKick is headquartered in Seattle, WA and we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. SkyKick is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
SkyKick is in search of a dynamic and experienced Controller to drive the financial success for our Firm. You enjoy being able to see a macro view of the company's financial direction while also being able to dive deep into the details to answer questions. You are equally excited about learning and mentoring. In this critical role, you will work closely with our executives to define financial success for SkyKick's accounting and financial functions.
* Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective internal controls
* Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
* Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
* Maintain internal control and safeguards for receipt of revenue, costs, and program budgets and actual expenditures
* Assist in the annual budgeting and planning process
* Review and record journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
* Preparation of work papers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
* Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
* Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements and related footnotes
* Perform cash projections to effectively manage cash balances and maximize the return on any excess cash balances
* Preparation of monthly forecast incorporating historical results and future assumptions
* Review of expenses incurred on behalf of multiple entities
* Maintenance of fixed asset records
* Assist in the preparation of quarterly tax returns, annual audits, and annual tax return preparations
* Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations
* Accounts receivable and accounts payable
* Other accounting and finance responsibilities as needed
* 3+ years of experience with accounting/auditing
* 2+ years of controller, strategy, MBRs experience
* 2+ years of consulting experience
* Experience with consolidation of international accounts
* Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external stakeholders at different levels
* 1+ years of experience in a startup or midsize company Commitment to excellence and a leader by example
* Problem-solver: Always solution-oriented and efficient in untangling difficult problems
* Masters Degree in Accounting
* C.P.A. or C.M.A.
* Experience with a public accounting firm (Big 4 preferred)
* Strong comfort working cloud based information and accounting systems