This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
South Bend, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONWell established specialty products distributor has an opportunity for an experienced, hands-on Controller who is capable of performing accounting and financial reporting duties for a local employer with a national customer base. Reporting to the CEO/Owner of this privately held business, you will be responsible for day to day accounting functions; monthly closing; financial statement preparation; budgeting and forecasting; and analysis of key financial and operational results for the company. In addition, cost accounting; ERP enhancements; and process improvements will be critical aspects of this position.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter that can work with minimal direction. The organization has high transaction volume, a diverse customer base and a national distribution network. The position will also work closely with the President and the entire company leadership team. The Controller will be a key member of the management team that will be growing the company revenue by more than two times over the next five years through organic growth and acquisition.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide hands-on accounting for all facets of the business and initiate process improvements for key areas such as ERP, costing and inventory control.
* Supervise accounts payable, billing, accounts receivable and payroll.
* Perform financial and operational analysis on the business (budgeting, forecasting, planning, trend analysis and cost accounting/pricing).
* Establish and manage controls for financial compliance and accuracy.
* Communicate financial and operational results regularly to company leadership team.
* Oversee the HR, Insurance, Cash Management and Capital Expenditures.
* BSDegree in Accounting/Finance: CPA preferred
* 7- 10 years progressive manufacturing accounting and leadership experience, including public accounting experience, would be ideal.
* Systems experience. Strong cost accounting knowledge and experience.
* M&A experience is highly desirable for this position.