Controller to $100K 8/31/2016
Stable, growing College in Alabama
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Stable, growing for profit College seeks a Controller for their operations. The position will pay to $100K (No bonus potential). The College will be willing to accomodate some relocation expenses.
* Maintain and manage the College's financial reporting system to ensure the accuracy and timely production of monthly and YTD financial statements in accordance with GAAP and regulatory requirements. Provide such reports and analysis to Senior Management to ensure they are fully informed of the College's financial situation at all times. Oversee preparation of reports as required for external users.
* Develop and maintain appropriate accounting and financial controls to ensure and integrity of the College's financial systems.
* Improve and develop internal processes and procedures as necessary to maintain the College's internal control environment.
* Coordinate and manage the activities of the external auditors, all year-end accounting functions and preparation of the Financial Statement and related footnotes. Provide management's response to all management letter comments and implement the necessary actions to correct the items noted.
* Coach, train and develop staff to ensure staff knowledge progression to provide succession management paths from within the Controller's department.
* Oversee College's procurement function to monitor expense control and provide cost savings through strategic vendor selection and usage.
* BS/BA Accounting
* CPA preferred
* Minimum 8 + years of related experience in higher education and supervisory responsibilities
* Extensive knowledge of fund accounting principles, accounting and financial reporting standards
* Strong knowledge of federal tax laws and guidelines