Controls Engineer (Anderson, SC Plant)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Electrolux Home Products, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONControls Engineer (Anderson, SC Plant)
Position ID: req4416
Sector: Major Appliances North America
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Location: Plant, Anderson, 101 Masters Blvd, Anderson, SC 29626 USA
Number of Openings: 1
Reporting to: Manufacturing/Maintenance Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Apply By: 10/14/2016
Design electrical control systems for industrial machinery, create electrical drawings for machines and control panels, PLC programming and troubleshooting/machine start-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide electrical engineering support for manufacturing departments.
* Develop and maintain electrical design standards, electrical equipment and material standards and provide technical assistance to maintenance as required.
* Review and concur in plant layouts and equipment design for affect on electrical systems and compliance with electrical codes and safety standards.
* Create bills of material for electrical components
* Controls, systems design and troubleshooting
* Programming PLC's (Allen-Bradley/Siemens) drives and motion control
* Create electrical drawings using AutoCAD, experience with servo control systems, extensive experience with analog and digital sensors for process control.
* Automation Systems Design, networking and systems architecture to support the production process.
* Coordinate activities and projects of outside contractors as required.
* Submit, monitor, and control facility maintenance department expense budget and capital plan.
* Monitor and control activities of the PM and scheduled repair programs.
* Ensure plant equipment has a critical spares program to maximize uptime and stay within budget.
* Ensure OSHA, EPA, NFPA 70E (Arc Flash Analysis) and other regulatory agency compliance.
* Provide weekly and monthly departmental progress reports.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering; BSEE or related degree required.
* Must have five years experience in designing control systems for industrial machinery. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is required with a preference for high volume manufacturing.
* Experience with Allen Bradley/Siemens PLC's, AutoCAD, servo control systems and analog/digital sensors.
* Knowledge and experience with high voltage systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
* Development of and implementation of TPM and lean manufacturing principles and terminology;
* Working knowledge of PC use especially including MS office software (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, and Access)
* Ability to handle a wide variety of related issues with constantly changing priorities
* Excellent communication and analytical skills, team player, and strong customer orientation
* The person in this position must be able to understand the operation from a financial perspective as well as from a process perspective.
* This individual must be able to think strategically to develop mid and long term plans.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances, based on deep consumer insight and developed in close collaboration with professional users. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative solutions for households and businesses, with products such as refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, cookers, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 50 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2013 Electrolux had sales of $15.1 billion and 61,000 employees. For more information go to http://group.electrolux.com
Electrolux is a leading provider in the North American appliance market, and Electrolux Major Appliances North America is our second-largest business sector. With 14,000 people across North America, we have a solid understanding of American consumers needs and desires that allows us to provide innovative, thoughtfully designed products that help consumers create the well-lived homes they desire.