This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAlkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company developing innovative medicines for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases. The company has a diversified commercial product portfolio and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates for chronic diseases that include schizophrenia, depression, addiction and multiple sclerosis. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center in Waltham, Massachusetts; a research and manufacturing facility in Athlone, Ireland; and a manufacturing facility in Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Alkermes is currently seeking a Controls Engineer to design, program, and support equipment and control systems at our Waltham facility.
Areas of Responsibility:
* Support all phases of development, design, execution, and field work of the buildings systems and equipment.
* Coordinate the specification, procurement, installation and integration of equipment with the equipment owners, facilities, EHS and IT.
* Design, program, develop and create custom graphics, trending, alarming and reports for automated control systems to meet site demands and needs.
* Works with equipment vendors to coordinate communication protocols, encryption, and database requirements for BAS integration.
* Continually monitor and support equipment operations of the facility.
* Locate and diagnose failures. Work through process to replaces defective components and including the completion of associated documentation, calibration and PR/PA tasks.
* On-Call and Emergency Response. Respond to a variety of problems that may, and do occur. Locate, determine, and correct problem or contact appropriate personnel for assistance. On-Call duties responding to emergencies 24 Hours/Day. On-Call rotation usually no more than once per month.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Experience in hardware and software design development for process and energy based applications.
* Experience in programming of one of more of the following Building Automation System (BAS) / SCADA systems: Tridium, Honeywell, Siemens, Automated Logic Controls, Reliable Controls, and RSFactoryTalk.
* Experience with information technology infrastructure components as they relate to industrial automation systems.
* Experience in using AutoCad to read and develop P&ID plans.
* Strong hands-on mechanical and electrical aptitude to understand and troubleshoot the equipment and machinery with which our control systems interface. Previous field engineering experiences a plus.
* Experience in process, laboratory, and/or analytical instrument service with an understanding of diagnostics, calibration, and or repair.
* Engineering experience of standard DDC IO signaling and control, control wiring and DDC control routines.
* Ability to specify and size facility systems, laboratory equipment and process equipment.
* General knowledge of pharmaceutical operations and equipment validations, in-depth knowledge of facility and utility validations.
* Knowledge of construction, energy conservation, design standards a plus.
* The ability to work independently as well as on a project team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS in Engineering or a related field of study. Education may be substituted with industry experience of 3-5 years in BAS/BMS/SCADA Controls.
* 3+ years of hands on experience with building controls, with emphasis on system integration, programming, and installation using BACNET, MODBUS, LON or other communication protocols.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.