This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/25/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're turned on by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
We are looking for a technically savvy Controls Specialist who will be responsible for the design, inspection, repair, and modification of electrical and control systems including their components to ensure the equipment meets plant requirements. The Controls Specialist will assist maintenance to maintain machine equipment and develop control schemes to improve plant performance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Monitor Plant systems, analyze performance, and initiate action for optimization to achieve Plant goals for safety, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
* Maintain all logic and PLC programs, install switches, and perform maintenance on the network as needed.
* Provide technical expertise in support of capital projects, process evaluation, and equipment modification.
* Manage records regarding all system software changes and communicate any changes to affected employees.
* Assist with creating electrical training programs for electrical, instrument, and mechanical teams to stay abreast of federal, state, and local regulations.
* Partner with Senior Controls Specialist to develop five-year capital planning and the annual electrical operating budget.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* A High School Diploma coupled with two to five years of demonstrated experience in an industrial continuous process atmosphere.
* Demonstrated process control experience in defining, designing, installing and maintaining control logic systems and equipment.
* Willingness to assume roles of team leader and team member when necessary.
* Advanced demonstrated communication skills.
* Ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
* Associates or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Instrumentation, Electrical, or Electronics.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.