This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
Reed City, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$16.6 billion during fiscal 2016.
We seek out the best talent, provide them with rich development resources, support, and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who are leaders, innovators, and want to be part of a company that serves the world by making food people love.
* Complete all work in a safe manner.
* Controls/Electrical troubleshooting of packaging, processing, and plant utilities.
* Expected to participate in all phases of automation systems life cycle including design, development, test, installation, startup and support.
* Committed to the development, application and enforcement of plant and corporate standards as it relates to control and automation systems.
* Serve as the plant expert in control and automation technology and must be willing and able to train others in this technology.
* Work to improve the reliability of plant equipment.
* Maintain Hi-Speed packaging equipment.
* Conduct scheduled preventative maintenance.
* Perform scheduled equipment rebuilds.
* Ability to use Maximo computer software to manage work processes.
* Support and participate in continuous improvement tools and processes (i.e. Autonomous Maintenance, Specialized Maintenance, 5S, Why/Why, etc.).
* Complete monthly safety walks.
* 6 years or more of experience in practicing advanced methods in the application of PLC, motion controls, SCADA Systems.
* Experience with device and information networks, sensors and other instrumentation to automate manufacturing systems.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to build valued relationships.
* Strong commitment to professionalism and customer service.
* Ability and leadership to initiate action in problem solving.
* Relevant and/or demonstrated experience and/or skills.
* Strong electrical and controls troubleshooting ability.
* Previous experience in a production or food manufacturing organization is a plus.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to work overtime and weekends.
* Strong commitment to quality and customer service.
* Desire to work in a team-based environment.
* Must be able to bend, stoop, push, pull and lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to use stairs.
* Must also be able to do overhead lifting and work around chemicals with proper protective equipment.
* Starting wage is $32.17-$33.33 per hour, depending on experience, plus overtime
* Position will be either 2nd or 3rd shift.
* Paid vacations and holidays.
* Highly competitive benefits package.
* Pension & 401k.