Controls Technician 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Saint Elmo, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONMORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
We are the maker, marketer and distributor of branded food products that have been American favorites for decades. Our employees located in more than 20 offices and plants across North America rally around our mission, Reinvigorating Iconic Brands. We work to transform our brands to be more profitable for our customers and more enjoyable for our consumers.
At Pinnacle Foods, every employee has the opportunity to make an impact from marketing and research & development, to manufacturing, finance and sales each function plays a critical role in our success. By living our values of trust, candor and ownership we create great relationships that help us deliver results and drive meaningful change for our brands and business.
This position is responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting controls equipment. The individual must be able to troubleshoot a control process across multiple processors and platforms.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
* Troubleshoot line control problems via programming software.
* Install, calibrate, and maintain analog transmitters.
* Maintain, install, and troubleshoot variable speed drives.
* Tune PID control loops.
* Adjust programmed recipes as requested in the batch system.
* Create and maintain controls documentation using Microsoft Office.
* Assist IT with networking and process computer issues.
* Monitor and maintain applications on manufacturing servers.
* Work with mechanics to diagnose and prevent downtime.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer
qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any
other legally protected basis.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
* Knowledge and ability to utilize programming software including Rockwell RSLinx, RSLogix 5, RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Panel Builder 32, RSView, GE Cimplicity for Fanuc PLC, etc.
* Familiarity & ability to maintain various PLC units including AB Micrologix, PLC 5, PLC 500, Compact Logix, Control Logix and GE Fanuc PLC units.
* Familiarity & ability to maintain various panel view and FactoryTalk HMI.
* Working knowledge of analog control equipment calibration and setup.
* Working knowledge of Batch control concept.
* Must work well as part of a team.
* Associates in Controls Engineering, Automation, or related discipline, preferred.
* ISA training/certification, preferred
* Rockwell programming training/knowledge, required.
* Minimum of 3 years of controls technician, project engineering or related maintenance experience, required.
* Experience with continuous improvement methodologies, preferred.
* Experience working in a food manufacturing environment, preferred.
* Experience working with a diverse group of people.
* Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
* Solid analytical skills using tools such as statistics, downtime tracking, mechanical history, project planning, etc. to identify opportunities.
* Ability to use innovative approaches to resolve complex problems.
* Strong computer skills, including a proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
* Ability to quickly come up to speed on complex production processes.
* Ability to analyze data and information, and to make effective and timely decisions.
* Ability to work with others to identify opportunities.
* Ability to work under pressure and to react to situations with a strong sense of urgency.
* Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
* Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.