Convention Services Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
To discuss meeting room arrangements with planner and to communicate this information through respective hotel department heads via a conference/meeting resume.
* Prepare resumes for groups ten days prior to group arrival and review all details in weekly Staff Meeting.
* Adhere to the Catering and Conference Services Department s standard operating procedures.
* Help establish and maintain hotel s marketplace position at the city s most elite venue within social and corporate communities.
* Follow the specific standard operation procedures for all staff in order to promptly and thoroughly handle all steps in the event planning process adhering to the standards of hotel protocol.
* Ensure all site inspections and client visits to the hotel are successful by planning carefully and communicating accurate details in advance to all departments.
* Proactively achieve consistently high Medallia scores through establishing a good rapport with the client, preparation work having been done accurately and being visible during the conference to ensure the client s expectations have been met.
* Generate high revenue yielding business for all contracted rooms, function space, and catered events.
* Conduct pre- and post-conference meetings when it is agreeable with the client.
* Ensure all current and future client accounts are serviced in accordance with hotel standards.
* Communicate with banquet managers for all related banquet functions, and communicate client requests to relevant departments.
* Ensure banquet event orders are accurate and provide all relevant information to departments concerned 15 days prior to event start time.
* Adhere to selling policies as set forth by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
* Remain available to hotel managers while on property.
* Be aware of departmental revenue and up sell at every possible opportunity.
* Participate in all regular and operational meetings as required.
* Coordinate all aspects of conferences as assigned by the Director of Sales & Marketing to include but not limited to: food and beverage requirements, timing of events, audio-visual requirements, special attention to guests, room type allocation, rooming list, amenities, function room set up, group transportation, type of check in, check out to include satellite check in, special meal requests, arrival/departure manifests, bag pulls, luggage storage, complimentary rooms, billing instructions, authorized signatures, room deliveries, telephone and internet requirements, box storage and delivery, power requirements, key requirements, expected food and beverage outlet usage, group hospitality/office/registration desk requirements, business center requirements, entertainment, leisure activities, d cor (to include floral) requirements.
* Flexible work hours to include weekend and holidays in order to meet the demands of a 24 hour operation
* Excellent communication skills in all aspects: verbal, written and non-verbal
* College Degree
* Must have a minimum of 3-5 years experience in catering sales, or conference services, preferably as a manager in a luxury hotel property
* Appropriate, professional appearance and presentation
* Strong computer knowledge, with technical ability and/or aptitude to fully use Microsoft Word, Delphi, Excel, Outlook, and other management systems
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: