Converged Networks Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Converged Networks Engineer
Force 3 is currently searching for a Converged Network Engineer to support event management, incident management, service management, and problem management activities, as well as support the implementation of new technology and cost-effective enhancements to the existing voice and data networks.
Converged Network Engineers are responsible for using Cisco and Avaya products, as well as a working knowledge of encryption solutions, private branch exchanges (PBXs), and local and wide-area networks (LAN/WAN). Responsibilities include; planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links.
But first, who is Force 3* Force 3 is THE network security company. We provide infrastructure services to design, deploy, support and maintain our clients technology needs. This includes collaboration, compute and wireless.
Clearance Requirement: SECRET (Active) with the ability to be granted a TOP SECRET clearance.
Description of Duties:
* Constructs, tests and implements integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and/or physical and logical communications networks for the customer.
* Participates in day-to-day orders, Special Projects, and trouble tickets to include Move, Add, and Change requests for the data and/or voice network.
* Writes and executes detailed engineering implementations, generates bills of materials (BOMs), and basis of estimates (BOEs) unassisted.
* Provides network performance statistics and reports and recommends technical enhancements to the network.
* Interfaces with others on system infrastructure problems and advises management on technical problems, priorities, and methods.
* Ensures customer satisfaction with the resolution or circumvention of hardware, software, and/or circuit problems including the assessment of bandwidth requirements based upon empirical data.
* Provides technical consulting on high level network designs, platform sizing, infrastructure system design and the application of new technologies.
* Applies extensive industry and enterprise knowledge to identify and recommend integrated solutions, products and services to support the enterprise's accomplishments of business goals or technical needs.
* Researches, evaluates and stays current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
* Contributes to systems infrastructure plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational direction, technical context and business needs.
* Contributes to the creation of new policies and procedures for Maintenance Plan and Continuity of Operations Plan.
* Extensive client interaction with primary focus of achieving and surpassing client project goals.
* B.S. degree is required, but could be offset with 7 to 10+ years of progressive, hands-on, engineering experience.
* Minimum 4 years of hands-on Voice and Data experience at a junior level.
* Avaya product experience is a must.
* LAN/WAN/MAN design and migration experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, and MPLS).
* Experience conducting site surveys and organizing the documentation into an Engineering Plan.
* Works extensively with Cisco Enterprise solution products.
* Strong understanding and ability to implement Cisco router, switch, and ASA products.
* Expert skills troubleshooting access-lists, IPv4 and IPv6 issues across varying protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and Static Routing.
* Hands-on skills to include: Aura Communication Manager, ACD call center, CMS, unified messaging, modular messaging, SIP/H.323 trunking, SIP services, G430/450, S8800, and Intuity Audix.
* Intermediate to expert level skills required in networking to support converged applications (voice & video)
* Detailed understanding and capability of implementing various routing protocols to include OSPF, BGP and Static Routes.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral skills. From time to time, candidate may be asked to present project outline to customer.
* Ability to conduct research on products with various vendors to accommodate changing customer requirements.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment while being highly motivated to take the lead on projects.
* Experience with Microsoft products including Windows 2000 Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Unified Messaging would be a plus.
* Hands-on administration experience with Linux/Solaris
* Project management experience a plus
* Desired Avaya Certifications:
* Avaya Certified Expert (ACE) in IP Telephony
* Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS), Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
* Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
* Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
Desired Cisco Certifications:
* CCNP Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
* CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
* CCNP - Cisco Certified Network Professional
Force 3 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.
As a Converged Network Engineer you will receive:
* Health, dental and vision coverage
* 15 days PTO (vacation and discretionary leave)
* Paid federal government holidays
* Training reimbursement
* Educational reimbursement
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, Cisco Master Security Specialization Partner, Cisco Master Unified Communications Specialization Partner, EMC Business Partner, VMware Premier Partner, Citrix Gold Solution Advisor, NetApp Platinum Partner, and Apple Value Added Reseller with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.
Come join us and become the force behind Force 3!