Cook (Full Time Days)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
San Antonio, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01588-71773
Days (rotating weekends)
At METHODIST SPECIALTY AND TRANSPLANT HOSPITAL, we recognize the unique needs of each of our patients. It s an extraordinary effort that we continue to improve upon, creating ways to better serve our community when they need us most. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital receives international acclaim for its outstanding and dynamic kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs, setting record numbers for volume and outcomes. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital is home to the Texas Transplant Institute, a nationally recognized center that recently performed the world s first 16-way kidney donor exchange chain during three consecutive days at a single hospital. Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital earned designation as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery in 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13 and up. This program serves as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Our hospital provides patient-centered care with a staff of professionals who genuinely care for the well-being of others. As part of Methodist Healthcare s mission of Serving Humanity to Honor God, we strive to offer care in a safe and compassionate environment. Additional hospital specialties include psychiatric services, emergency care, rehabilitation and robotic surgery.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The COOK, under general supervision, prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in appropriate quantities while following menus, recipes, and production sheets and maintaining a clean and sanitary work area. Communicates with other production staff regarding menus, recipes and portion sizes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Obtains food ingredients and supplies from storage areas as required for daily operations.
2. Reviews production schedule to determine food requirements including variety and quantity of food for preparation and to assemble supplies and equipment needed for daily cooking activities.
3. Prepares and seasons a wide variety of foods such as vegetables, fruits, meats, soups, salads, and cereals in accordance with prescribed recipes.
4. Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods; Tests foods for quality and completes production sheets.
5. Demonstrates, understands, and practices safe food handling techniques. Including dating/labeling, time/temperature measurements, correcting critical control issues.
6. Corrects issues with food/equipment as quickly and appropriately as necessary to provide all customers with a quality product
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2 years food service experience preferred, 1 year required; relevant culinary education can be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES REQUIRED:
Food Handlers permit or must obtain during the first two weeks of hire date.
Last Edited: 09/06/2016