Cook - Hospital Hill (PRN/Varied shifts)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Following recipes prepares food for patients/residents. Employees, cafeteria patrons and medical staff. Works under direct supervision.
* Good interpersonal skills required to meet and service the public.
* Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to speak and read the English language
* High school diploma or GED for employees hired effective from May 1, 2006.
* Maintain a Food Handler s Card.
* Must be able to follow a recipe, use scales, and operate large kitchen equipment.
* Must be able to blend twist, stoop, push and lift large containers of hot food.
* High School diploma or GED
* One-year experience in preparation of large quantities of food using standardized recipes.