This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Trinity Services Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment
* Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties and completes opening and closing checklists daily.
* Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Assistant Food Service Director/Food Service Manager.
* Knows and complies consistently with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
* Follows assigned instruction to properly stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure smooth serving of food.
* Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
* Responsible for completing required production paperwork, while also assigning and supervising inmates in (as provided) in the completion of their required tasks. These could include food prep, serving, clean-up, pots, dishes, sanitation etc. (when applicable)
* Responsible for all aspects of receiving, storing, issuing and controlling inventory. (when applicable)
* Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area.
* Following assigned recipes, prepares food items for broiling, grilling, frying, saut ing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating according to directions.
* Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
* May perform other duties as assigned.
* Excellent organizational and customer service skills
* Strong team orientation
* Appropriate state food handler certification and/or ServSafe Certification
* Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
* High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent
* At least one (1) year of relevant cooking experience required
* Prior experience cooking in a cafeteria or large volume production facility a plus
* Prior knowledge and experience in a kitchen or large cafeteria setting preferred
* Experience with safety procedures as typical in a cafeteria or food service environment
MUST BE ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY PASS A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK AND DRUG SCREEN
We participate in E-Verify