This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 3/30/2017
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Plan, prep, set up and provides quality service in all areas of hot food production to include, but not limited to hot menu items, banquets hot food and garde manger, restaurant pantry, hot line specials, and vegetables plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
* Responsible for full knowledge of menu and recipes.
* Complete daily job tasks including preparation of menu items without constant supervision.
* Maintain daily product freshness on hot line and pantry station.
* Communicate to Supervisors and Chef the needs and requirements of the kitchen.
* Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations.
* Perform other assigned duties as needed.
* Previous line cook experience required.
* Flexible scheduling to include weekends and holidays.
* Must have valid California Food Handler's card
* Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
* Ability to transport pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line.
* Ability to work in a hot and noisy environment.
* Ability to comprehend and follow recipes.
* Must be able to stand for 8 hours per day.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: