This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Avamere Family of Companies
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Part-Time Cook: Avamere Rehab of Newport, Oregon Coast
Please apply online at: https://careers-avamere.icims.com
Avamere Rehab of Newport
835 SW 11th Street
Newport, OR 97365
The primary responsibility of this position is to prepare food to assure that quality food service is provided at all times.
* Serve meals that are palatable, appetizing in appearance and in accordance with established portion control procedures, on a timely basis.
* Inspect diet trays; work with the facility s dietitian and process diet changes received from Nursing Services.
* Coordinate food service with other departments.
* Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
* Ensure that menus are maintained and review menus prior to preparation of food.
* Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
* Experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other related medical facility preferred.
* Must have a Food Handler s Card.
* Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
* Must be knowledgeable of food preparation procedures.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere Rehabilitation of Newport is an 80 bed skilled nursing and rehab facility providing short-term therapeutic rehabilitation, Alzheimer s and hospice care, as well as, long-term care. We pride ourselves on our strong local ties and extended community relationships we have established. Our surrounding area has a residential feel featuring single-family homes on tree-lined streets and beautiful lawns around our community. Lovely ocean beaches and Newport s historic Bayfront are also just minutes away. Avamere Rehab of Newport is currently seeking top notch talent to join our hard working and dedicated team.